PDA

View Full Version : What's the origin of your name?

Baron Sprite
04-30-2002, 03:14 PM
Mine started back with diablo 2, was trying to come up with a name for my amazon and my friend said, what's your favorite soda? Pretty much went from there :D

_OZZY_
04-30-2002, 04:30 PM
Hehe...cool. You can guess where I got mine. I've used it on irc as long as irc has been around. I was (and still am) a big fan of Ozzy back in high school.

Lurker_005
04-30-2002, 05:44 PM
Several ideas were all squished together in mine. When I signed up I hadn't expected to post very much..... yea go fiugure... anyhow I wanted a number at the end like in EQ "a gnoll03" I liked Babalyon 5, so 5 it was. Not to mention "down below" in B5 had some obscure analogy to newsgroup lurkers.

I know WAY too much though went into a simple little nick :rolleyes:

Hmm
04-30-2002, 06:25 PM
heh i was making a temp account for hackerquest but this nick lasted MUCH longer than planned. its like 3 years now.

Sangdrax
04-30-2002, 09:53 PM
I've had mine for 2 years now I think ... Sangdrax is a character from the 'Death Gate' fantasy book series, namely an evil lizard/dragon. :D

Trumpcard
05-01-2002, 12:02 AM
I really dont know... I think it was a stream of conciousness type thing.. I was sitting around the office looking through the boards, decided to register, and just popped it out...

Putting thought into a nickname was too much work.. I let my fingers do the walking..

TheClaus
05-01-2002, 01:59 AM
Well my orginal nick was AirRik but too many people on IRC where giving me a bad wrap so I changed it to TheClaus which is basically part of my last name with THE and the beginning.

kiff
05-01-2002, 06:12 AM
rl name is christopher, when he was a toddler my little brother couldn't say it so he said kiffer got truncated to kiff and stuck been like 22 yrs now .

Kiff

stormgod
05-01-2002, 06:34 AM
I was reading a book from moorcock called elric , and elric's sword was named stormbringer, first time I come on a chat I wanted to take this name but I was limited to 8 chars so its stormgod for almost 6 years now

Furinex
05-04-2002, 04:41 AM
Starcraft. The clan's name(Blizzard clan, it was protoss, after you finish the 1 player missions, the enemy would always be a clan, ya know? Not an online one... ghey...) was 'Furinax' with an 'a'. Mine is 'Furinex' with an 'e'. Later on I found out that 'Furinex', my name, means torment and sarrow, So I stuck with it. :)

Occisor
05-07-2002, 08:33 AM
My nick has it's roots in the Latin language.
It means "Murderer." Which goes with accordance to the type of characters I enjoy playing- I.E.: Extremely evil and malevolent beings with a vicious temprament, ready to pillage and maim everything in it's path. I picked Latin just because it's a dead language and many people wouldn't be able to understand.

Arcalyn
05-16-2002, 05:12 AM
Nick was originally Mindstorm
but then the freaks at Lego stole it!
:o
So I changed it but needed a name for the wife also....hence

Arcalyn <----> Nylacra

They were supposed to be twins in D&D one a wizard the other a cleric.
Simply reversed the spelling.

Lyenu X`Arie
05-17-2002, 01:47 AM
I dunno by Lyenu comes from the language Elet Anta. My name is just this:

lyenu: (lyec + enu): what kind of?

Pretty weird =P ahh well hehe ;-)

DeletedUser
05-18-2002, 06:54 PM
Ive had mine for about... 7-8 years now, started it when I played Quake on Team Fortress. I used it as the figment of your imagination which ended up later being a MIB thing :P But it was the fact that I spent way too much time at the game, and not to be cocky, but I was good at it. So I picked the name because they never could get me :P

Vaskre
06-13-2002, 03:12 PM
/bump

mine is from decideing a name in eq so I chose this one, but most my characters names are Kaskov which originated in russia, which is my last name but I changed it :) (Actually my dad changed the family name b4 I was born, too many americans treat us like dirt because its russian and they think were Communists)

wurmslayer2k
06-13-2002, 05:45 PM
I guess my name came from the EQ Weapon "Wurmslayer". It sounds so vibrate and it just rolls outta your mouth. :p

Drizzt40
06-21-2002, 01:13 PM
Got mine from a favorite book series :p

Ariak
06-30-2002, 10:14 AM
asdf jkl'

Place your fingers, there.

I randomly hit keys one day and I hit 'Ariak' and I liked it.

Hardy
06-30-2002, 10:29 AM
Hmmm, not really sure where mine came from, I just came up with it like 3 years ago and kept it.
*ponders his name* :rolleyes:

spellcaster
07-01-2002, 02:06 AM
My normal nick is "Wiz" as it rhymes with "Liz" - my name.. and a bit like Kiff, mine started when I was like 0 and learnt to talk and I couldnt say my name it sounded more like Wiz, it stuck, and as a computere fiend, the name stuck for that reason also.

I've been Liz the Wiz for nearly 30 years now :)

IM OLD!! WAAA

Shawn319
07-01-2002, 02:32 AM
Name + phone number =P

somedude
07-01-2002, 09:42 AM
duno where mine came from

Kolo
07-02-2002, 04:38 PM
Just found some characters near each other on the keyboard for easy typing....I eventually found out that its a polish ritualisting dance? Can't remember where I found that, but I decided to keep it. Though someone out there uses it as well since I can't register it on some boards, so...I was thinking of changing to Darkolo (Dark Dance) =P

Windcatcher
07-03-2002, 01:15 AM
In my spare time I like to write fantasy fiction. My name comes from the nickname for one of my characters, a sailor in a group called the Scout Corps. They were charged with defending a town from attack by patrolling the river and the nearby coast.

Windcatcher

P.S. It was my very first story, and it's perfectly awful :) I wouldn't dare post it without a full rewrite first. That probably won't happen anytime soon if ever, as I'm writing another (much longer) one at the moment.

Ivel
07-03-2002, 06:32 PM
Name + phone number =P

your area code? that's interesting... i grew up in the 319 area code.

anyways, Ivel is my first name spelled backwards.

Shawn319
07-04-2002, 02:47 AM
nope, its the first 3 numbers in it (###)319-####

Baltar
07-07-2002, 01:58 PM
Was watching Battlestar galatica, saw that fat bastard who wanted to control the universe, and thought, * thats me ! *

Zio
07-11-2002, 09:18 PM
Zi0... well, i've been using the name ziot for along time now.

I recently in the last few years have been using Zi0. (Pronounced Z-ee-oo)

Weird how ziot is sounded as zy-ot

I liked the thing with paladins, fighting evil. I dunno just crusaders were a cool thing to me. I don't remember. Ziot just sounded like a cool name for a paladin so I used it :D

Yeah.. I'm lame lol

chocoxoc
08-09-2003, 06:02 PM
i was so bored and was searching through the post til i found this one. anyways was kind of interest in it. mine comes from choco= chocobo from ff but shortened, and xoc was the name of a clan i played in q3:rocket arena. heh anyways my first post >=o)

fwiggles
08-10-2003, 04:17 PM
i really have no idea where mine came from, i was looking for an IRC name to come into eqemu and get help on playing back in the day. I now use it on EQemu, MacroQuest, FH, hackersquest (whenever i go to there which is about never) and anything else that i don't wanna use my normal screen name on which just happens to be my eq account name

Farrenz
08-11-2003, 07:08 AM
Forum name Farrenz: Altered version of my RL last name.

Rush: Most commonly used name of mine, came from my parents who began calling me Rush after I woke up at 4:00am on christmas once and opened all of my presents, and I also liked to Rush with zerg in starcraft so long ago.

Nira
08-11-2003, 07:26 AM
Back in the days of MM2 (Midtown Madness 2) I came up with this name. I pronounce it --Near--a-- because I sucked playing C&R (Cops and Robbers) online and I was always near a hit, or near a delivery. Just took that and went with it.

I think somepeople would pronounce my nick Knee--ra, don't know why.

Zimok
08-11-2003, 01:31 PM
Zimok = Random letters till I found something that looked good , easy to remember , easily pronounced.. ( in my opinion anyways )

My first char in EQ was Okiri wich was also random typing , same reasons as above :)

moonphoenix
08-12-2003, 12:05 AM
Came to me while meditating

Vivi
08-13-2003, 12:21 PM
Hmmmm...my nick is actually Vivi because there was a little wizard in final fantasy IX called ...Vivi.... :?

Myra
08-15-2003, 04:34 PM
My real name is Mary so switch that around and you get Myra :D

Heelios
08-16-2003, 02:48 AM
Helios in Deus Ex is so cool!

But it sounds better whit 2 e dosen't it ?

Talon0202
08-17-2003, 08:03 AM
No idea where mine came from...just something random and easy to remember. :P

OMGIMAPIMP
08-18-2003, 05:31 AM
OMGIMAPIMP started when i was a young lad and i saw how easy i could pimp...i was amazed at how easy it could be...i'm writing a book how to be a pimp in 21 days for you other not so pimp people :)

Memener
08-18-2003, 06:33 AM
OMG What a Noob

OMGIMAPIMP

OMGIMAPIMP started when i was a young lad and i saw how easy i could pimp...i was amazed at how easy it could be...i'm writing a book how to be a pimp in 21 days for you other not so pimp people

What a Noob cant wait tell your banned.....!

OMGIMAPIMP
08-21-2003, 11:05 AM
sure bud. what would I be banned for? and why are you trying to start drama. it was a joke and you need to displace your head from your rectal cavity.

Edgar1898
08-21-2003, 11:14 AM
Edgar from final fantasy 3, number was just that I was 18 in 1998 when I first used it to register an email addy :P

Jakalair
08-21-2003, 03:48 PM
My name started in one of my first D&D games I was trying to think of a name for a half-elf and decided to try and make it sound french, Jakalair was my first idea and it stuck and I have been Jakalair on many many games in include UO, AO, EQ, Diablo, and many many more.

The first characters name was Jakalair Whitewater named because he rescued his elven brother from the rapids one day. His brother was shamed that a half-breed had saved him, so Jak decided to leave town and never come back. Jakalair was a dabbler in everything much like myself.

I have experience in just about everything computer related, just not a whole lot in any one field. So I am trying to decide what to do..thinking C++ since I was good at it for the brief time I was actual;ly using it.

oops went way too long :P

Memener
08-21-2003, 06:22 PM
OMGIMAPIMP:
well.........
you dont want to piss my off....
sure bud. what would I be banned for? and why are you trying to start drama. it was a joke and you need to displace your head from your rectal cavity.
why couldnt you of just said ass?

as of why you would get banned. well look at your name and look a other peoples names. sure it is funny to you. but do you see anyone in here with the name as pussy or dick you get the idea? so why dont you pop your moms tits out of your mouth and grow the F**K up.
you see my name Memener?? do you know what that means? you dont do you?
well you say it as MEM-EN-ER ... well it means dont F**K with this guy...

also another reson is i knew someone that was killed by a pimp and evertime i see the word, hear it it really pisses my off..

Trumpcard
08-22-2003, 12:08 AM
Mem..

You need to relax bud... His name, while it may be stupid (IMO), is not vulgar..

As for your last post, it was, so if anyone is in danger of banning, it's you... Just calm down, no need for insults and name calling.

Sabyre
08-22-2003, 03:52 AM
Bad day at the office?

Memener
08-22-2003, 03:10 PM
lol i think my last post was funny.. anyway i didnt call anyone any names i just said grow up....

also please tell me if i am on the wrong site or if i am wasting my time and should go solo becuase everone i know that was really into eqemu has left becuase of these people

NM this is point less i have no power so i should just shut up.......

IARealmhunter
08-23-2003, 04:52 AM
also another reson is i knew someone that was killed by a pimp and evertime i see the word, hear it it really pisses my off..
Sorry to hear that, but that is only a problem for you and possibly your doctor to work out.

"Realmhunter" My first surname in EQ.

Scorpx725
08-24-2003, 06:00 PM
I liked the "Scorp" kinda thing, and the 725 is my bday July (7) 25th (25)