PDA

View Full Version : Please Read and Answer

ZizakDeathangel
09-25-2004, 07:31 PM
Hey guys! I simply have 3 questions i guess.
1. Im hearing by reading around here that its impossible to play EQemu if u are currently patched. If so when do you think this will change? Is it going to Change?

2. I used EQemu back in the day to learn how to pull zones for raids. This tool was an INCREDIBLE use to me and my guild and our completeion of dificult raid encounters. Is current content availiable in the game for me to learn and do this again? Say in OoW and GoD? I know many of today's raid events are scripted.

3. My friends and i all play EQ and we all love to Role Play too, not in EQ of course because hacking and slashing and multiplayer raids are just the bomb, but we have tried to set up a virtual world in Neverwinter nights just as a kind of RP thing on the weekends, but frankly i hate that game and the buggy expansions with it, would it be possible to some extent to run an EQemu almost as a neverwinter world with cutomizable quests and NPCs, graphics, items ect?

Thanks
-The Monk- :twisted:

relorm500
09-25-2004, 11:39 PM
Well, go to http://legends.hypershadow.net ....
i cant go any further.

Tzwizard
09-26-2004, 09:44 AM
relorm's link is bull, Dont follow any of those guidelines......... Hes realeasing stuff that shouldnt be realeased....

killspree
09-26-2004, 10:09 AM
1. That's correct, as of right now there's no official release version that works with live. There's also no ETA that I know of.

2. Possibly for GoD - I'm not sure. That all depends on collecting the spawns in the zones, which requires using a live account that's GoD enabled.

3. To an extent, yes. Custom quests, NPCs, items, and even completely new zones are possible currently. You can't change the NPC/item graphics yet(at least not that I know of, no one has gotten the texturing to work correctly, etc)...but you can create your own encounters and your own items if you want.

rmanwop
09-26-2004, 11:42 AM
actually i have pathced to live today then i was still able to log in and play on 5.9 server and i only have 1 eq directory on my system. I love how people say u cant when actually u can.

killspree
09-26-2004, 06:28 PM
1. That's correct, as of right now there's no official release version that works with live. There's also no ETA that I know of.

The 5.9 you're playing on is most likely a dev release, which is still a work-in-progress and can be buggy.

KhaN
09-27-2004, 06:43 AM
You can't change the NPC/item graphics yet(at least not that I know of, no one has gotten the texturing to work correctly
Editing current textures of EQ models is fairly easy, even my grand'ma can do it, just extract the BMP/DDS texture, edit it, and replace it by the new one you edited/created. This allow you for example to make ... NPC with big smiley face (/Hi Shadow-Wolf) ...

Actually, with EQEmu, you cant do only one thing, add/edit models ... but its being worked :)

Shadow-Wolf
09-27-2004, 08:35 AM
gotta love running into a mud golem with a big yellow smiley face rofl

onejessman
09-27-2004, 09:40 AM
im patched with live and i cant get onto 5.9 dr1 server did i miss somthing here...was there an update or somthin from emu that lets you connect?

sotonin
09-27-2004, 09:53 AM
emu does not release "updates" for the everquest client. ever.

hypershadow66
09-27-2004, 03:18 PM
Hey Everyone!

Spike
09-27-2004, 11:52 PM
would it be possible to some extent to run an EQemu almost as a neverwinter world with cutomizable quests and NPCs, graphics, items ect?

Yeah.

Search around on the forums for what you're tring to do, youll find what you wanna customize.

Other commands allow you to make NPC's a perminant spawn and make them drop certain items and percentages they drop them. Khan created a fully customized server before where you could actually transform yourself into a rabbit, etc.

Im hearing by reading around here that its impossible to play EQemu if u are currently patched.

I still play 4.4 so I have no idea, keep patching till you hit a version that works, lol.

but frankly i hate that game and the buggy expansions with it

I agree, I have nwn too.

ajb20
09-30-2004, 12:10 AM
relorm's link is bull, Dont follow any of those guidelines......... Hes realeasing stuff that shouldnt be realeased....
Its not supposed to be released, but it does work still (at least since i updated the corrupted extraction files 5 minutes ago).

hypershadow66
10-30-2004, 04:13 PM
hey, i have a question. Will i get sued if he puts up what he's putting up on my website? :?

Cisyouc
10-30-2004, 06:25 PM
..wow..talk about a bump.