PDA

View Full Version : DR2 Facial features

Elkay
10-03-2004, 01:48 PM
Was running DR1 perfectly fine. Now using DR2, and my facial features are all wrong after I load each character up that I've made. I change the features in game but as soon as I zone or log out, the facial features are reset back to the wrong settings. Anyone else having this problem?

killspree
10-03-2004, 08:28 PM
There were probably some changed in the client that broke this.

Elkay
10-04-2004, 01:28 AM
Ok no biggy, just wanted to point it out since I noticed it.

Edgar1898
10-09-2004, 12:16 PM
Should be fixed now

Valkyeri
10-10-2004, 09:07 PM
Should be fixed now

I just tried it and nay :(

Elkay
10-11-2004, 03:13 AM
Mine worked somewhat but then went bad. Closer tho! I do see the 32k drops zoning are mostly fixed now though hehe

Edgar1898
10-11-2004, 12:27 PM
Can you explain how your setting it? Here is how I'm changing my face and it works fine and saves it properly:

1. I login to zone with wood elf luclin models on
2. I click face from the inventory menu.
3. Adjust the face and click accept, it displays two "Facial features updated.", one white and one red.
4. Logout to world. It displays the new face settings correctly.
5. Login to zone. It displays the correct face as well.

Please let me know what you are doing to get the face problems. Also make sure you are running the latest compiled version from SF.

Elkay
10-12-2004, 02:26 AM
I'll check it tonight when I get home. I do know that mine initially did work. It was something some time after that when it broke again. I'll do some experimenting. FYI I was also using Wood Elf so it's not race related.

Elkay
10-12-2004, 10:11 AM
Ok I checked it. Upon initial startup he has brown hair (correct) at the character select. I zone into the game (gfay) and his hair is white, zoned, still white. Back to character select, and it's correct again. This is repeatable.

Edgar1898
10-12-2004, 10:14 AM
the faces chosen at char select dont match in game faces most of the time. Change your face ingame, dont trust character select, it lies.

Valkyeri
10-12-2004, 11:08 AM
Ok edgar I found something out. Some hair styles work. And some turn you back to bauld. Try this edgar Human the long hair not in a pony tail. For me when i do that I get bauld when i zone. All the other human hair styles with color work except that one. I don't know about other races if they have the same problem.

Cisyouc
10-12-2004, 11:52 AM
Ok edgar I found something out. Some hair styles work. And some turn you back to bauld. Try this edgar Human the long hair not in a pony tail. For me when i do that I get bauld when i zone. All the other human hair styles with color work except that one. I don't know about other races if they have the same problem.Also try a Female High Elf with the Firiona Vie pony-tail. That wont seem to save either.

Elkay
08-08-2006, 09:45 AM
Hate to bring up an old thread, but this seems to be broken still in 7.0. Where would this appear on the priority list for fixing? Not asking when, just simply where in the list of priorities it lies. IMHO, character appearance is important because your appearance in game can tell a lot about you.