PDA

View Full Version : Repairing Zone Lines

srarcade
10-06-2004, 11:12 PM
I found a couple broken zone lines that are pretty essential. I know the zone lines are stored in raw blobs in the db, I dont think there is any sort of tool out right now that can edit it. Is there any other way to fix them?

mattmeck
10-07-2004, 12:01 AM
manualy edit them in the DB, Thats a current project being done on Scorpious2k, about 95% of the zone lines work now, and some of the clicky entrances.

srarcade
10-07-2004, 12:33 AM
I'm a fool, i was looking at the wrong table.

Cripp
10-11-2004, 02:31 PM
i have ran into 1 problem changing zone lines.. qeynos.
i cant change the zonelines in south qeynos at all, and maybe north qeynos too if i remember correctly.. but ya i changed it in db and it still zones me to north from south, ect..

can anyone else verify this.. it could just be that im an idiot :D

animepimp
10-11-2004, 02:53 PM
A few zone lines are hard coded into the zone file the client has and the client automatically zones to the other zone I believe. These are very difficult to change and mostly occur around major cities like Qeynos. But you probably could make another zone line 10 feet in front of the existing one and get around it.

monalin crusader
10-13-2004, 12:49 AM
We got around this on my server by just creating doors and objects inplace of zonelines. Some zonelines like one one in HK is hardcoded so we just bocked off the entrances with doors to Highhold Keep and now you zone to either runeye or crushbone depending on what door you click.

I dont know if this helps you at all but its the only way we could figure out to change zonelines that were hardcoded. THis might be something you can use i'm not sure since your talking about Queynos it might be hard to do that, it really depends just throwing some ideas at you.

The other options were going to take far too long as in changing code for the client.