PDA

View Full Version : OUTDATED:: HOWTO: Play Guide

Xabob
10-07-2004, 05:09 PM
OUTDATED

Well Seeing how No one is going to make a play guide i may as well.

Frist Off. Change your eqhost.txt to

[LoginServer]
Host=newlogin1.eqemulator.net:5994

Make sure that there are no spaces or returns and that the file is Read only!!!!! That is the most common reson for errors.

Next Find eqgame.exe. Right drag to the desktop and click Create Shortcut here.

Now click on the properties of the shortcut and add patch me to the end so it looks like this.
"E:\Everquest Backups\Copy of everquest\eqgame.exe" patchme
(Note that your path will probably be different, just make sure the quotes are around the path and you have patchme after the quoted path)
Now If you haven't yet registered for a LOGIN ACCOUNT (not a forum account - a login account is in addition to your regular forum account) use the instructions found here:
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13921

Open up the Shortcut to eqgame.exe.
Type in your Username/password and play

__________________________________________________ ____

The Emulator is current as of 10/7/04 Will edit if this changes.[/b]

Spike
12-23-2004, 06:47 AM
[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5994

elfan
12-24-2004, 02:40 PM
ok i ned help i never did this emulator thing b4 so i followed the instructions here then i read that dont patch thing on the 15th what if i did patch what can i do to fix :?:

mattmeck
12-24-2004, 03:19 PM
OUTDATED

Right at the top of this tutorial.

Now if you follow the how to play tutorial thats a global sticky in every forum you will find your answers

elfan
12-24-2004, 07:45 PM
So where is this How to play turtorial at? And what is a "global sticky"? Yes i am a newbie i just wanted to try this thing out.

mattmeck
12-25-2004, 02:33 AM
A global stick is a sticky thats up at the top of every single forum and says "global Sticky, How to play on an EQEmu server" on it so nobody misses it.