PDA

View Full Version : Little Problem Patching with Everquest

Pirlouis
10-08-2004, 05:55 AM
When I want to patch Everquest, I have an error. It does :

Checking for new files, please wait...

EverQuest file update failed. If the problem persists, contact your network administrator or internet service provider for assistance.
(patch.everquest.com:7000TCP)

* ERROR *: Corrupt or missing file on update server.
If the problem persists, email
<everquest@sonyinteractive.com>

If this is your first time playing EverQuest, refer to "Troubleshooting Your Connection" in "EverQuest_Manual.txt"in your EverQuest folder.

I would like to know why it does that and how to arrange this problem.

mattmeck
10-08-2004, 10:26 AM
delete everquest and re-install, i got this error befor and it was a currupt install

Arcane
10-09-2004, 07:01 AM
I have this problem with my first Everquest disc that I purchased a couple of years ago, I had to buy a newer version to get it to install, at first I thought it was Winbloze XtraPee and tried it on a two kay machine with the same results. So it may be partially one, or half of the other, try the re-install, if it doesn't work, ensure the disc surface is clean and free of finger prints (yes this will cause it as well), and try it one more time, if that doesn't work, buy a newer copy of EQ.

Speedz
10-09-2004, 09:02 AM
I had this error a bit ago.

I have multiple copies of my everquest folder, so I tried replacing the everquest and eqgame.exe from another folder....

And that worked, didn't need to reinstall the whole thing.

Your milage may vary but hopefully it works for you.

Kalon
10-11-2004, 11:39 AM
This is a pretty common problem that took me longer than normal to google up a solution. Strangely enough, most threads I've come across never figure out how to fix it. This should fix your problem (worked for me)
[url]www.nolinkingtoSOE.com

Go there and click on the words "Download this file" in the first paragraph and follow the directions. (unzip to main eq folder)

The_man42
10-11-2004, 12:55 PM
m/t