PDA

View Full Version : Another Newb with his prob that you may have solved 10 times

wrethel
10-09-2004, 09:09 PM
This should be something simple, already posted hundreds time, but I'm newb and didn't see the solution when going through the posts of this section.
:oops:
I cannot create my account on WR.
I think I did everything :
- Create my EQEmulator account
- Downloaded the requiered files (as said in www.wintersroar.com)
- Patch my EverQuest
But when I launch EQ, I click on Account then on New Account and I get randomly one of the 2 following error message :
1. "This server is not the registration server, get the correct eqhost.txt from EQEmulator.net"
(Believe me I took mine from here)
2. "Could not connect to the Everquest server. Please try again shortly"
Most of the time, everything crashes on the third click. :evil:

wrethel
10-10-2004, 04:58 AM
Ok, I succeeded (with help of friends off course) to determine which step I forgot to do in the installation process. Now I can log to WR and create characters, but... (in fact there is always a "but") EQ crashes when I try to enter the world. EQ Hymn is displayed and the EQ drawing too, then the screen turns black and, when you look at the screen, expecting to open the eyes on the walls of Erudin, you realized that the screen stays black. EQ is somehow stopped : Black screen and the music but that's all...
Anyone knows what I can do please ?

mattmeck
10-10-2004, 05:03 AM
Since this is happening on WR you may want to ask on there web site.

Arcane
10-10-2004, 06:41 AM
That and you could try to ctrl-alt-del to the taskman, end task, and try again; that has worked for me on occasion.

KanonW
10-10-2004, 07:15 PM
But when I launch EQ, I click on Account then on New Account and I get randomly one of the 2 following error message :
1. "This server is not the registration server, get the correct eqhost.txt from EQEmulator.net"
(Believe me I took mine from here)
2. "Could not connect to the Everquest server. Please try again shortly"

Ok, I've got these same symptoms. How did you fix it? Anyone?

ic3
10-11-2004, 07:29 AM
Same things happening here... And im pretty sure I've done everything the website says..

Sirhottie
08-10-2007, 05:03 PM
I have the same problems, any suggestions?