PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else here an Oldschooler like myself that

diesalot
10-10-2004, 04:20 PM
Is anyone else here an Oldschooler like myself that not only knows what a mud is, but has played them? and if Yes!, then which ones and what types? ( you mudders will know what I mean by types >:) )

I personally bounced around alot, but mostly stuck to lp's. My main ones were Ithacasmud, and Shattered Worlds. Both still exist today. Other ones I vaguelly remember are TubMud, Nightfall, and Infinity.

Armaand / Knails

Arcane
10-10-2004, 04:35 PM
I played Realms of Dispair (Smaug Code Base); found two others later can't remember the last one I was on, but it fell apart and disappeared (Both Smaug Based, one of them was a hybrid from Smaug). I should have never left RoD. I also ran one on my own for a very short time, because of staffing issues I quickly left it run in to the ground and didn't look back. That was about the time I learned about UO, instead of hitting OSI, I went for the free shards right off the bat, then found EQ. I don't MUD anymore, but I still have my registered copy of zMUD and could fire it up if I weren't spending so much time running a UO shard, and learning how to put together a nice EQ server.

sdabbs65
10-11-2004, 12:26 AM
I was hooked on Major Mudd before the internet was even
popular we used to dial up at 14.4 bps and play it.
when I was a sysop "anyone remember what a Sysop is" for this a board about 15 years ago. Had somewhere around 32-48 lines in our moms basement and they were always busy.
the telephone company had to put in a new box just for us. Farwest Trivia, MajorMudd, etc. Some of the guys that started it made BBS dating software or something like that.
we were all hooked on this D&D spinoff.
when it first came out it only has 2 modules for it now they have
9 so i guess it's doing well. the software costed like 300 bucks just for the modules and we had over 11k invested in it when we sold it to some doctor before moving to georgia.

govtcheeze
10-11-2004, 04:27 AM
I posted this topic awhile ago, here is my answer along with a few others :)

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16899&start=0&postdays=0&postorder =asc

relorm500
10-11-2004, 08:51 AM
is frozen shadow back, ?

is EQ back?.
that server was legendary.

relorm500
10-11-2004, 08:52 AM
fook, wrong topic, move please