PDA

View Full Version : ASCENDING DAWN (New And Improved)

monalin crusader
10-12-2004, 12:20 PM
I've recently built my new server for Ascending Dawn. It will now be up 24/7 and more stable than ever. Since we last hosted this server we have revamped almost every zone and added alot more content. The older players will still have their gear and items. AA's have been whiped talk to me if u need them.

Server Specs
------------------

AMD 64 3000+ 1mb Cache
1gig DDC RAM
2x 80mb HD 7200rpm raided.
Only Cable connection nothing big there (possibly get a 100mb connection if we end up having a high population.)

OS is still XP however i might change it to Redhat or Gentoo

------------------

For those of you who have never played on Ascending Dawn we are Custom-Legit. Server is 100% custom spawned and 100% custom loot. Some spell will be customized as we see fit. The Server is run by me and a friend of mine who does all the database work, i do the codeing and quests.

Do not even bother with this server if you expect uber gear right off in the beginning, you can only expect a little better than you could in live, we kept it low stats in an effort to keep the value of items. The customized zones are connected to each other with doors, portals, and zonelines since we picked and choose which ones we could spawn and which ones wouldnt. This server is group based do not expect to get on and solo everything we have created ways to stop this from happening. One of the major parts of Everquest is the grouping experience and relying on friendships and guildmates to conquer mobs and finnish quests. Withought grouping alot of fun of eq is lost, this is one of the things that most other eqemulator servers lack, because they want to give everyone uber items easily. Once players on Ascending Dawn reach level 65 there will be raiding zones you can choose to go to if you wish. Most zones on this server are from oldworld norrath, velious, and kunark, however all expansion spells, races, and classes are available for play. Overtime other expansion zones may be added i'm not sure yet but our primary focus is on the zones people never go to any more all the oldschool zones we all remember so well. Server currently has the following zones up;

Highkeep
Crushbone
Runeye
West Commonlands
Unrest
Kaesora
Befallen
Kithikor Forest

these zones are spawned and itemized Befallen is a raid zone and i wouldnt bother going there yet or you will die.

You can buy all of your spells from upstairs in Highkeep and all the starting weapons you can also find in highkeep. I hope you guys enjoy playing on this Custom Legit server and we would really love as much feedback as you would give.

Please keep in mind that this server is still in creation and we are adding content all the time includeing spells, items, quests, events, and zones. So stay tuned and keep on track with whats changing. Your characters will never be whiped and we will make sure you always have the ability to get on our server even if u have to reinstall everquest. We have our own patcher (not released yet) which i will be releaseing soon to provide players will the ability to go to our server no matter what. This will be up as soon as the current everquest live patch no longer allows you to log in to Ascending Dawn.

I hope you guys enjoy this server, if u have feedback or questions please join irc at #ad_dev or talk to us online. Website host comming soon as well as a message board which we will keep in touch on and make updates. Enjoy the Ascending Dawn server..