PDA

View Full Version : Loading NPC Models from zone_chr.txt files

froglok22
10-13-2004, 02:02 AM
Greetings all,

Iv been playign the the loading of models thoguht he text files,but have come across afew peoples.

I can get some models to work and display correctly. Others whiel the znoe does not crash, fail to load.

I.E Planar Gods.

If we look inside the hohonarb_chr file we need MM has a name of

MESH_MAR<craphere>

so in the zonename_chr.txt file do i put....

mar,hohonarb_chr

OR

mesh_mar,hohonarb

both seem to fail to load. With models which do not have the _ in them, for the msot part appears fine (couldnt get Aten in potimea)

any insight or suggestions woudl be most helpful.

Also im using a Model viewer which appears to be out-of-date. However it does load all zone files and will display them, BUT the models for NPCs are well.... all togther and nto being 'speard out'. Is this a normal and to be expected thing or am i not with the times?

Thanks

Froglok

Cisyouc
10-13-2004, 09:35 AM
the syntax for zonename_chr.txt is
# of models
xxx,zonename_chr
The comma must separate zonename/modelname_chr from the model you want's prefix in the s3d file you are naming.

you are really stating in, for example,
pri,sleeper2_chr (the sleeper's model)

"In sleeper2_chr.s3d, load all files with the prefix 'pri'"

So, to the point, mar,hohonorb_chr would be the one you want, but I havent gotten alot of models to work right still. Xegony, Mith Marr, Sol Ro, etc.

froglok22
12-09-2004, 02:27 PM
Sorry for my delay in a rely

I have also been unsuccessful in getting ANY gods (mar, solro, xeg, fr, rath, corv, etc) working in any other zone, it appears that their name is with a _mesh on the end. All other models i can get to work (except seru for some reason, he doesnt like potime lol)

any update on if it is possible to laod gods in other zones than their own?

cheers

Froglok

Cisyouc
12-10-2004, 01:55 AM
well first of all
hohonarb
Thats not even a zonename. hohonora and hohonorb are, which im assuming you meant.

froglok22
12-13-2004, 04:24 PM
Yes your correct, typing with low caffine and low sleep levels are never a good thing :P