PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon fog color does not work

Raddiux
10-14-2004, 06:52 AM
I'm not sure why, but for as long as i can remember in EQEMU, the zone fog for dungeons does not display correctly. For example, SolA/B is supposed to have this reddish fog that gives the feeling that the zone is very hot. However on EQEMU the fog displays as black and the zone seems too dark. No matter how much i play with the Z options (clipping plane, fog color, underworld (whatever that is)) nothing seems to change the color of the fog. Outdoors the fog color works just fine - its only dungeons that have this problem.

One other small issue i've found has to do with spell animations. On Live, if you cast a spell and then immediately after begin to run, your upper body continues the casting animation while your lower body runs. However on EQEMU if you cast a spell and then run, your entire body remains in the 'standing still casting' animation, so you look like you're sliding around on the floor until the cast animation completes, since your legs don't move.

Raddiux
10-20-2004, 09:50 AM
anyone have any ideas?

Edgar1898
10-20-2004, 10:35 AM
if you can run the new packetcollector on live and zone into these dungeons, I can update the zone configs so the fog appears correctly. The new packetcollector is in all the compiled binaries except the perl one.

Raddiux
10-21-2004, 11:30 AM
Are you sure packet collecting the zone configs will help? I've manually went and changed the fog color using #zfog, and no matter what numbers I set it to, the color never actually changes. It just stays black.

Edgar1898
10-21-2004, 03:06 PM
Yes, of course I'm sure. Packetcollect the packet and I'll have it fixed by this weekend.

Edgar1898
10-23-2004, 04:25 PM
Anyone having this problem, its caused by the time_type field in the zone table not being up to date. Thanks to Raddiux (he collected all the zone configs for me), you can download the updated zone information data here:

http://www.eqemulator.net/sql/zone.sql

sotonin
10-23-2004, 07:13 PM
err.. thats a fubar zone.sql there are capital letters strewn in on a lot of the zone short names.

:(

Edgar1898
10-23-2004, 07:46 PM
that's directly from live, send them an email and complain :P

Raddiux
10-24-2004, 05:58 AM
After looking through the numbers, there seems to be a simple pattern.

0 = dungeon
1 = outdoor zone
3 = city

Although I only packet collected the classic zones, if you want the fog to appear correctly in any other expansion zone, using this rule will probably work.

sotonin
10-24-2004, 07:55 AM
that's directly from live, send them an email and complain

Ok. but now on emu using "that" zone.sql players will have to figure out which letters are capital and which arent (in order to #zone). there's no common pattern in that. i won't be using that zone.sql until i have time to lowercase everything :cry:

Edgar1898
10-24-2004, 08:03 AM
umm case shouldnt matter...

#zone GfAYdaRk should work the same as #zone gfaydark

Derision
10-24-2004, 08:13 AM
Aye, as LE says, look at the source for the #zone command, it uses strcasecmp to compare what the user entered with the zone short_name ...

NAME
strcasecmp, strncasecmp - compare two strings ignoring case

sotonin
10-24-2004, 08:24 AM
ah ok. <-- not a coder so doesn't read code.

sotonin
10-28-2004, 10:06 AM
FYI, using these zone names WILL in fact break your game.

The map loading code loads it by zone shortname column thus any zone with new capitalization wont load the map.

it's been changed by fnw, so may hit cvs in a while.

Edgar1898
10-28-2004, 03:14 PM
OK, first of all, not loading the maps files DOES NOT BREAK THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Second of all Windows doesnt care about case in regards to file names, so only 5% of the people that run servers (those who run linux servers) would even be affected.

Hint: dont say my work breaks the game when it doesnt. That is the fastest way to piss me off..... This didnt affect 95% of the people who run servers and it did NOT break the game for ANYONE that it did effect. The only thing that would happen without maps is that stuff wouldnt agro. Big deal as far as I'm fucking concerned if you can login and play the damn game at all its not broken.

sotonin
10-28-2004, 03:25 PM
Whoa there cowboy. didn't mean to offend you.

We spent literally days trying to figure out why our new guards wouldnt work in some zones. digging through faction code (FNW that is) and then found out it was the zone names by accident.

I wanted to let ppl know this is an issue atm and they might not want to use it until the fix is in. It will definatly break faction on any linux based server. Windows perhaps not.

I wanted to spare other the frustration we went through with this issue. something wrong with that? Again maybe i came off the wrong way and i apologize

loderunner
10-29-2004, 04:51 AM
I appreciate your efforts to save me and the other 5% the headaches that you had. :lol:

Less headaches = a good thing!

sotonin
10-29-2004, 04:58 AM
in the meantime if you simply take his zone.sql and convert all the shortnames to lower case, that will do as well. :lol: