PDA

View Full Version : Evolution

drozes
10-15-2004, 12:49 PM
I have been on evolution since it's inception and it is, by far, the best custom-legit server I have been on. For history, I have been playing on emu for a couple of years and Live for 5 years. I have played on all the "major" servers out there and found them to be either too easy to level or not enough custom material. This server has really proven to be very fun and challenging. There is no #zone but you dont have to "pay" to port either. This post was not meant to flame the other servers, but to let everyone know how wonderful the staff and the server, in general is. If you are tired of the other servers and want a challenge with great rewards, give it a shot.

-Mazzarek Overlord of many Seasons

Z.Wylde
10-19-2004, 03:59 AM
how much did they pay you to write all that?

its probably the same old exp and loot crap, why waste a server when you could make it PVP!

Widan
10-19-2004, 07:40 AM
Because EQ PvP sucks and takes no skill?

sotonin
10-19-2004, 09:32 AM
Because EQ PvP sucks and takes no skill?

amen.

BarladoreVZ
10-19-2004, 10:47 AM
With a good balance it takes skill, it took skill to pvp on GW....

jimbox114
10-19-2004, 11:23 AM
EQ just isn't a good PvP. You get a level 20 caster and they will just about always win against a level 16 cast since they are 1 spell set higher. From my experience on EQlive PvP its mainly just people taking cheap shots at you. Yea it takes alot of skill as a level 20 necromancer to kill that level 16 necromancer who is trying to solo a mob.

BarladoreVZ
10-19-2004, 12:02 PM
who cares if you lose a couple pvp fights to higher players, you wont have that 1 spell lvl higher once you reach the max lvl anyways. On live its getting stupid because of the gear imbalance, but once again on GW, it was all pretty even. it was lvl 50s vs lvl 50s so skill was a main defining factor.

Magoth78
10-19-2004, 07:18 PM
EQ is good at PvP as long as you balance the game. It's what I'm trying to do on my server and, really, it's though to find a way to make all the class balanced. Even if there are a lot of work on this, I think I'm in the good direction!

Btw, good luck with Evolution, I did not try it yet as I have some work to do. But once I'll get the time, I'll give it a shot.

Have fun,
Mag

Deimos
10-20-2004, 01:36 AM
Evolution is a very amazing server and has a great quality to it that you don't see that often on an EverQuest Emulator Server. Some of the systems could use updates, such as AI, but then again, Fallen King is the only server using these new systems and really taking advantage of the things EverQuest Emulator has to offer. Guys, this server is quite amazing and continues to grow as Cutter is very dedicated to it. I hope to see more from it =).

Adh87
10-20-2004, 02:26 AM
Deimos thinks every server is amazing. I think he is amazing. Evolution is good, but, I haven't seen ANY Rogue quests...and, I don't understand it. Yeah you start off and you have guides showin you mobs and trainers, but, it took me like 5 hours to find out where everything was. I dunno, I'm still trying...I wont give up till my characters at least 40.

Kidan is my Dark Elf Rogue - send a tell if you see me on.

I like pie

drozes
10-20-2004, 01:41 PM
1) This server is great
2) It isn't a hack and slash
3) It's unique in that everything isn't right there in front of you when you zone in at level 1, you might have to actually look around. Thus, promoting the RPG environment that is missing from so many emu servers.
4) I got paid a LOT of money to write this =).
5) As far as class-specific quests, I know that Cutter is working hard to keep it balanced...be patient. I promise if you ask, she will do her best to make sure it happens, if it's feasible. BE PATIENT.

Mazzarek

Cutter
10-20-2004, 01:52 PM
you ever noticed.. when i post a big flame war starts? :cry:

ok let me say this.

First of all thank you for the compliment on the server.. I appreciate it..

Second of all... people who do not like certain styles of servers doesnt make my server bad or good.. its your preference.. and i have said this many many times before. there are alot of great servers out there.. for you to goto.. try them out.

and final.. My server is good for alot of reasons.. one.. every since day 1 i started this project and Devs and eqemu community found out i was serious about Hosting a server.. they have completely supported me in any way they could as far as helping me to learn...

The players i have currently are great and very very patient...I dont need to pay anyone to come on a forum and express how nice the server is.. i have a server to prove that..

LE, Deimos,Sotonix,Adam,Frongi,and even scorpious himself has helped me learn this emu..

My server is in no competition with any server.. I am not trying to do that.. I love my server.. I love what we all have accomplished here.. that you cannot take from me even if you dont like the style of what we done.

As for not liking a server because it just dont have something you prefer at that time.. doesnt mean you are really spanning your horizons.. at all..

ask any player on the server... I have a free forum for them to express what they will like to see on the game.. my signature of my server says it.. For the player .. about the players... and thats what i will continue to do as long as i am involved in this project....

So again thank you for liking my server.. for those that felt the need to express negativity about the server.. well thats your opinion.. and i respect that.. my server is not for you then.. for those of you that wanted to express that my server did not have certain content. then again pls search out new servers.. and good luck ..

Cisyouc
10-20-2004, 04:21 PM
-edit-
Play this server.
My name is Cisyouc, and I approve this message.

ajb20
10-26-2004, 02:21 AM
Dislikes:

Server runs on a precompiled 6.0-DR1.

No custom spells, or strings

Quest NPC's are marked with the tag (lastname column in db) QUESTNPC.

I couldn't at least, find a newbie zone for my level.

1. I compile them for her and work for her so if there is something she needs I throw it in :)

2. No custom spells/strings = no trying to get the player to go here and download this file cause we all know 50% of the emu community won't do it.

3. Ya I'm not fond of that one either, but it does stop alot of the questioning of the Gms :twisted:

4. Follow the Guide to Mobs :P

jimbox114
10-26-2004, 01:05 PM
The QUESTNPC tag was taken out not long after that was posted. Several people talked about not liking it so it was removed.

SteelDragon
10-27-2004, 03:45 AM
Where are the low level mobs at on this server? I followed a guide, but they were all red to level 1...

layziethekid
10-27-2004, 12:21 PM
did you try to attack them?

Cutter
10-28-2004, 05:12 AM
This is not a thread to get support for the server.. we have our own forums for this type of questions.. pls try to direct help questions about the server there.. thank you..

www.vektorlabs.com

mooiman
10-31-2004, 08:20 AM
Just wanted to thank the evolution crew for their wonderfull server :). It's great! Not that I don't like some pvp but for pve this server is amazing

Cutter
10-31-2004, 09:27 AM
thank you im glad you like us and enjoy the server.. it really makes us feel good when we get compliments like this.. atleast we know all our hard work didnt go in vain :-)

soul_thief
11-04-2004, 03:17 PM
I hate to seem like one of those people that post just to be doing something but, in this case I have to. I just came back to EMU after not being happy with most of the servers in the 5.5 days. Very frustrating times.

Well now I am glad that I came back and happened to take a look at the Evolution server. I've tried a few others in the last few days and end up deleting the char because I enjoy playing there just that much more. I've also brought my fiance to play with me on Evo and she actually tried to play several times while I was not around. That may not seem significant; however, to all of you that have a woman in your life with little to no patience and is very stubborn about getting things her way, you'll understand why it's unbelievable she did try to play.

Well it appears the server is currently offline so I won't waist time posting here. But Cutter and the rest of the crew, just one more player wanting to say phenomenal job!!!!

Cutter
11-14-2004, 09:59 AM
yes we were down for a bit.. had to do a few changes to the server.. get some upgrades.. and do a bit of staff changing but were back.. good as new.. new everything.. sorry for going down for a bit.. but were still around and expect to be around for a very long time.