PDA

View Full Version : Few bugs with 0.6.0

cavedude
10-17-2004, 06:15 PM
Pet heal spells don't work. When I attempt to cast mend bones on my necro pet, the client says:

You must first select a target for this spell!
Spell finished returned false, interrupting.

Other pet heals recieve similiar results. #heal on a pet still works, however.

It was already mentioned before but it would seem that all casters don't lose mana when casting. The mana is deducted and then immediately replenished after a spell is cast. This affects both INT and WIS.

I haven't found a pattern yet, but face changes and armor dye both seem a bit funny. Sometimes they stick, sometimes they don't. By stick I mean the changes can be seen by both the player and others. Also, it appears that unequipping a piece of armor and then re-equipping it causes it to lose it dye, although only after the player logs.

Finally, I too have the hang at black screen bug. I *think* I have tracked it down to the grids being the culprit at least in my case. Loading a zone that is unppoped or popped with no grids works fine, however loading a zone that is popped with grids causes me to hang. I have found that once in world, I can zone to anywhere I want without issue even if they have grids. What I am wondering is, why do some people have this problem and others don't, even if they are using the same database?

ajb20
10-17-2004, 07:34 PM
I am having the same problem. I have had the problem logging into zones with no grids however. Went into and empty PoK and black screen drop, that was from login of course, zoned in fine before I logged out.

Also, I am having a very serious problem. It seems that as soon as I hit enter world, zone.exe is crashing. It is not giving an error message or anything. It gets past the point where it loads everything from the db and than it just stops. I ran it through the command prompt to see what was up and all I got was:

Warning: Plugin.pl... blah blah blah we all know the line

c:\eqemu60dr1>

Was no error anywhere to be found in zone.exe :(

finwe
10-18-2004, 01:31 AM
It have gate/bind problem too... i don t know if gate don t bring you to your bind location or bind don t work propery so you don t bind in the place you are when cast the spell but there are a problem????

Spell effects can be changed with DB changes or is world.exe wich handle it...

tkss

sotonin
10-18-2004, 01:35 AM
bind/gate seemed to work fine for me yesterday when i did it. hmm

finwe
10-18-2004, 04:20 AM
yep, i am now testing it... and seems to work but if you bind and zone hurry or u log, sometimes you r not binded... or you are not binded in the right loc (sometimes gated out of the map)...

And other estrange think... server connect right and enter the zone... but always i log or change the zone in zone.exe window appear the following message:

[Error] HandlePacket() Opcode error: Unexpected packet during CLIENT_CONNECTING: opcode: 0x037f, size:0

I get always this message althought most of times i can log in zone... any clue?

The bugs on some spells and always full of mana bug can be repair throught DB changes or we must wait for a new release of the emu???

Tk u for your awesome work...

finwe
10-18-2004, 08:29 AM
i just changed my no perl activated 6.0 server to 6.0 activated perl server and in this version wis caster never get full mana and there is an important problem with loc when you log or zone (maybe x,y cords intercambiate?)

is it out there a perl activated 6.0 server with this bugs fixed????

tks

Edgar1898
10-18-2004, 01:56 PM
Pet heal spells don't work. When I attempt to cast mend bones on my necro pet, the client says:

You must first select a target for this spell!
Spell finished returned false, interrupting.

Other pet heals recieve similiar results. #heal on a pet still works, however.

Fixed, was a problem with pet bodytypes.

It was already mentioned before but it would seem that all casters don't lose mana when casting. The mana is deducted and then immediately replenished after a spell is cast. This affects both INT and WIS.

Fixed, function was being called too much.

I haven't found a pattern yet, but face changes and armor dye both seem a bit funny. Sometimes they stick, sometimes they don't. By stick I mean the changes can be seen by both the player and others. Also, it appears that unequipping a piece of armor and then re-equipping it causes it to lose it dye, although only after the player logs.

I'll try to look into these tomorrow night.

Finally, I too have the hang at black screen bug. I *think* I have tracked it down to the grids being the culprit at least in my case. Loading a zone that is unppoped or popped with no grids works fine, however loading a zone that is popped with grids causes me to hang. I have found that once in world, I can zone to anywhere I want without issue even if they have grids. What I am wondering is, why do some people have this problem and others don't, even if they are using the same database?

Ive never had the issue, so I have no idea what could be causing it.

maveren
10-18-2004, 06:27 PM

I have the same problems, dialup maybe?

ajb20
10-18-2004, 06:29 PM
Ok I have narrowed it down a problem with mobs on grids. I spawned a ton of stuff, logged out came in a few times, everything was fine. I put a single mob on a grid and the next time I logged out and back in got the black screen hang up. Got it 4x in a row after that before I gave up. I went in and deleted the mob on the grid, the spawn for that mob and the grid, and lo and behold no problem at all logging in.

finwe
10-18-2004, 09:58 PM
MMM... the perl enabled precompiled version of 6.0 server is still buged...
will you release a precompile perl enabled version of 6.0 server fixed????

Tks

finwe
10-18-2004, 10:23 PM
I just install debuged patch and i notice that it have perl enabled althogth it isn t under perl section ;)

Much tks
awesome work.

edited...

I was wrong it s not enabled :( any clue if perl enabled precompiled version with last fixes will release??

ajb20
10-19-2004, 01:19 AM
http://www.hypershadow.net/legends/files/10-18-04_Compiled_Perl.rar

sdabbs65
10-19-2004, 01:21 AM
http://www.hypershadow.net/legends/files/10-18-04_Compiled_Perl.rar

Invalid link....oops

ajb20
10-19-2004, 01:26 AM
Wow you actually managed to click it before I got it up on the site.. should be working now lol

ajb20
10-19-2004, 01:55 AM
BTW, every time I get the black screen freeze up, zone.exe is giving me this error:

[Status] CURRENT_ZONE_VERSION: EQEMu 0.6.0-DR1
[Status] Loading Variables
[Status] Loading zone names
[Status] Loading items
[Status] EMuShareMem loaded
[Status] Loading npcs
[Status] Loading npc faction lists
[Status] Loading loot tables
[Status] Loading doors
[Status] Loading guilds
[Status] Loading factions
[Status] Loading AA effects
[Status] Loading swarm spells
[Status] Loading corpse timers
[Status] Loading what ever is left
[Status] Loading commands
[Status] 173 commands loaded
[Status] Loading embedded perl
[Status] Loading perlemb plugins.
[Status] Warning - plugin.pl: Perl runtime error: open 'plugin.pl' No such file
or directory at (eval 3) line 1.

[Status] Entering sleep mode
Connected to worldserver: localhost:9000
Map ./Maps/nedaria.map not found.
[Status] Weather should change in 6634 seconds
Init: Loading zone lists, zone state or spawn list, player corpses, traps
, timezone data - Done. ZoneID = 182; Time Offset = 0
Successfully loaded Zone Config.
[Status] Loading Objects from DB...
[Status] Loading Ground Spawns from DB...
[Status] Loading doors for nedaria ...
[Status] Done loading doors for nedaria ...
[Status] Zone Bootup: nedaria (182)
Received Message SyncWorldTime
Time Broadcast Packet: EQTime [12:41 pm]
[Status] 789375 New client from ip:*.*.*.* port:1363
Read group ID for 'Adam': 0
[Error] HandlePacket() Opcode error: Unexpected packet during CLIENT_CONNECTING:
opcode: 0x037f, size: 0
Unknown opcode: 0x01e5 size:8 Client:Adam
0: 0A 00 00 00 D2 3E 73 7D | .....>s}
Dropping client: Process=false, ip=*.*.*.*, port=1363
[Status] Zone Shutdown: nedaria (182)

finwe
10-19-2004, 03:11 AM
wow... tk u ajb20 it works really great...