PDA

View Full Version : Server Select Crash Problem? -bizzare-

Psyro
10-18-2004, 01:17 PM
Im currently on a 512 meg 2.9 ghz win xp "pro" box and have just recently had a problem connecting to eq I didnt keep the eq client up to date in a sense of only what I had to no optional patching because im on 56k , anyways I played eqemu fine for a few months and just recently my Windows user was reduced to a limited account as opposed to the administrator, I patch EQlive , reset my host and go into eqemu , trying to access the latest Compatible legit server or server and at every server i select my screen goes black , right before it usually loads the bar and screen , pre-char select screen and it stays black, it adjust resolutions and act's like it is adjusted to the correct resolution , but it just doesnt load the bar or screen and I am allowed to alt+enter the loading screen "which is normally impossible" an d it never times-out or gives me an error if i let it set for an hour.... thnx for any help in advance -curt- :roll:

zephyr325
10-18-2004, 01:29 PM
I feel your pain - there are several of us with what looks to be the same problem - see http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17835&start=15

sotonin
10-18-2004, 01:52 PM
mine did this until i downloaded all the expansions.

zephyr325
10-18-2004, 02:27 PM
Understood - I've re-patched several times, and even blew my whole EQ environment away and loaded from scratch with no luck there. I'm trying to see if I can get a few people to log in with clients they know work on other servers to see if they get the same problem I am. If that's the case, then I'm wondering if it doesn't have to do with my firewall. Things were working fine with the same boot5zones.bat file for my 5.9DR2 server, this popped up with the 6.0DR1 server release.