PDA

View Full Version : Bug Reporters

Edgar1898
10-18-2004, 02:26 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that takes the time to post a bug in the bug forum. Because of you guys everyone has a better emulator. I just wish more people took a few minutes and submitted bugs they see instead of just ignoring the problem or assuming someone knows about it. The developers dont have time to play the game as much as the players, so the chances are much greater that you will find a bug rather than us. Dont assume someone else has posted it unless your 100% certain. Otherwise please help us out like a few of our other users have been :)

Most of the stuff that is posted there gets fixed within a couple of days. Although some stuff is too broad to debug and fix in that time frame, most of the stuff is fixed quickly.

Again, thanks for all the bug submissions :)

djkain34
10-18-2004, 03:25 PM
when people login to my server 6.0-DR1+ i see a "Recived unknown opcode: 0x02eb sice:0 bytes" it never happend till up updated the server. now when i try to login i can make the char but when it trys to load the zone poof either locks EQ up or kicked me back to server screen and my server is no longer on the list. any ideas?

Update: i have watched people try to login the world.exe see's them logging in lets them make a char and tells the zone to boot up the zone well get to the point of zone starting up then it shuts right back down and kicks the person from the server.

Edgar1898
10-19-2004, 04:15 AM
you probably dont have the port opened on your router or dont have the zone external ip set correctly.

in boot5zones.bat it should be like:

start zone . EXTERNAL_IP_HERE 8780 127.0.0.1
start zone . EXTERNAL_IP_HERE 8781 127.0.0.1
start zone . EXTERNAL_IP_HERE 8782 127.0.0.1
start zone . EXTERNAL_IP_HERE 8783 127.0.0.1
start zone . EXTERNAL_IP_HERE 8784 127.0.0.1

where EXTERNAL_IP_HERE can be found here:

http://checkip.dyndns.org/

zephyr325
10-19-2004, 05:14 AM
Does it matter what ports you use (you're using 8780 - 8784 there)? Thanks...

Chrysm
10-19-2004, 05:50 AM
when people login to my server 6.0-DR1+ i see a "Recived unknown opcode: 0x02eb sice:0 bytes" it never happend till up updated the server. now when i try to login i can make the char but when it trys to load the zone poof either locks EQ up or kicked me back to server screen and my server is no longer on the list. any ideas?

Update: i have watched people try to login the world.exe see's them logging in lets them make a char and tells the zone to boot up the zone well get to the point of zone starting up then it shuts right back down and kicks the person from the server.

Everyone is having this problem. That's why they have DR-1 on the end. The fix is in the tutorials section on how to set up a DR1 server (0.6.0) go to page 6