PDA

View Full Version : Placing NPCs that heal, and buff players for a good alignmen

Draugr
10-22-2004, 04:24 AM
Hi,
I just started running my own 6.0 server with the 058 classic database. I have a few quick questions that I couldn't find answers to elsewhere. I hope someone can answer these.

1. Soulbinders - They appear at certain areas in the 058 Classic Database, but don't appear to work. Is it possible to activate them somehow?

2. NPCs that heal and/or buff - Does anyone have any info or a link to a post taht might explain how to create a NPC at a town for instance that would heal and buff a player of a certain faction?

Well, thats my two questions. I hope someone might have the answers.

Thanks
John

PS: I do have one more question. If I wanted to remove a spawn from the database and have it not reapear. Can this be done via some GM command within the game by a GM or do I have to do it within the database and a program like Mysql Control Center?

sdabbs65
10-22-2004, 04:31 AM
Hi,
I just started running my own 6.0 server with the 058 classic database. I have a few quick questions that I couldn't find answers to elsewhere. I hope someone can answer these.

1. Soulbinders - They appear at certain areas in the 058 Classic Database, but don't appear to work. Is it possible to activate them somehow?

2. NPCs that heal and/or buff - Does anyone have any info or a link to a post taht might explain how to create a NPC at a town for instance that would heal and buff a player of a certain faction?

Well, thats my two questions. I hope someone might have the answers.

Thanks
John

PS: I do have one more question. If I wanted to remove a spawn from the database and have it not reapear. Can this be done via some GM command within the game by a GM or do I have to do it within the database and a program like Mysql Control Center?

You need the PERL binarys to get NPC's to work.

#deletespawn removes it from the database I think..
type help for the commands they are built into the game.
IE: help delete it will show you all the commands for that item.

Xothin
10-22-2004, 04:32 AM
#npcspawn delete

with a mob targetted will delete it.

Xothin
10-22-2004, 04:37 AM
#npcspawn delete

with a mob targetted will delete it.

Draugr
10-23-2004, 03:44 AM
I have PERL installed on my server as I followed the instructions on setting up a 5.0/6.0 server and one step was installing the PERL program. I have a few questions that I hope you cna answer.

If I want to setup a NPC to bind or transport, or a NPC to heal and buff, do I have to create the scripts by hand or is there are collection of scripts available that a admin has to just tweak with the PERL editor and then somehow enter into their server?

Also, is there a guide or HOW TO for using the PERL language and making scripts or code snippets for the above type NPCs?

Finally, I tried the #NPCSPAWN Delete and Remove, but when I down the server then start it up and go back in, the mobs I removed or deleted are still there. :( Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Thanks Again
John

mrea
10-23-2004, 03:49 AM
Chances are you will have to type em out yourself, but the perl quest system is fairly easy.