PDA

View Full Version : More 0.6.0 Bugs

cavedude
10-23-2004, 06:01 AM
UPDATED BELOW: When a new character is created, in addition to being given the starting equipment found in the database, they also recieve fairly high level armor and a weapon that comes pre-equipped. None of these items exsist in the starting items table so I don't know where the server is pulling them from. At least part of this bug is definately server related though, since many times the items aren't meant for that particular char's class/race yet the server still allows them to be equipped and used even after logging or zoning.

The next bug is small but player death seems to be working perfectly except for the fact that all players have to recover items off of their corpse (except GMs) reagrdless of level when they die. Unless they changed it, on Live you didn't lose your items until 10 or 11 I think. Personally, I kinda like this bug. To me it makes sense that everybody loses their items on death. Experience loss still kicks in at the correct level so I may even choose to leave it like this on my server even if its fixed to mimic Live.

Another small bug that can be easily ignored is mana and HP regen is a hair off. While medding, a caster seems to gain main, gain more, lose what they just gain, gain it back, gain more, lose it, etc etc. Medding times seem to be right and the char does end up with 100% mana and health so as I said its easily ignored.

Finally, food/drink consumtion is funny. I created a new charcter, and noticed that the food and drink were being reduced at a fairly quick rate. I thought it was a bit too fast but hey it was working. I noticed before I logged off that both had 11 charges left. I log back on, and find that both the food and drink were replenished at 20 charges each, and after an hour of being on neither lost any charges. Finally, I log off and then back on again and food is at 18, drink at 19. I played for a bit and found that both would fluctuate. They would go down, then back up then down, etc. I'm not sure if zoning has anything to do with this or not, haven't really looked at that. The only pattern I have found thus far is everytime I loot either off of my corpse, both are down one charge from when I died.

UPDATE: It would seem the char creation bug was caused by my database... sorta. The database was pulling the items from a deleted char in the inventory table. I always delete chars from character select, so at least in my case it would look like the inventory table doesn't get updated properly when a character is deleted. In addition to that, I found some more bugs that seem to be new to the newest CVS build:

Character creation doesn't seem to work now. I can create a new character, and when it tries to enter the world, zone crashes with nothing in the error log. Pre-made characters can get in just fine.

Item stacks don't sell properly. The merchant only gives you money for 1 item. The rest of the stack stays in your in-game inventory, however gets deleted in the database. This occurs even if you tell the client to only sell 1 of the items in the stack.

I get unresolved symbols when I try to complie the newest CVS with fear pathing support. Perhaps there are files missing on CVS?

sotonin
10-23-2004, 07:50 AM
When a new character is created, in addition to being given the starting equipment found in the database, they also recieve fairly high level armor and a weapon that comes pre-equipped. None of these items exsist in the starting items table so I don't know where the server is pulling them from. At least part of this bug is definately server related though, since many times the items aren't meant for that particular char's class/race yet the server still allows them to be equipped and used even after logging or zoning.

interesting bug. I'm going to guess its something hardcoded into the client, since it didnt happen before the live client, and nothing has changed on our end afaik. I was just wondering the other day how we could get the weapon equipped on char create just like on live.

cavedude
10-23-2004, 08:53 AM
That was my thought too, either the client or an unintentional change in the big merge. This could work out great, though. The bug could give you the info needed in order to get item equipping on char creation working. At that point all that would be left is auto scribing/meming of the starting spells and char creation would be perfect.