PDA

View Full Version : Problems can anyone help...

mfcjunkie
10-24-2004, 04:40 PM
hell i have been trying to set up a server and i keep running into problems .. when i know forsure i can get a server up i will be building a Server to host it on but i dont want to wast my time and my money on something if i cant get it to work for me hehe

ok now on to my problem first i want to do everything off line with the new minilogin then when i have it set up the way i want it i will be putting it on the new server i build and putting it online .. but i am haveing problems getting the minilogin to work mainly because i dont understand ...

it asks me this and this is one part i do not know how to set up
To start you will need to execute the following mysql queries:

INSERT INTO variables (varname, value, information) VALUES ('LoginType', 'Minilogin', 'Set this to Minilogin to login using a minilogin server :)');

alter table account add minilogin_ip varchar(32) not null;

Note: The following examples assume you want to use minilogin to play on the account named edgar1898 and you will be logging into it from the same computer your running minilogin on.

If you want to login with an existing account:
1. Put the ip address of the computer your using to login in the minilogin_ip field of the users account you wish to play.

The SQL code for this is:

update account set minilogin_ip='127.0.0.1' where name='edgar1898';

If you want to create a new account and login with it:

1. Insert the new account into the database. (This example also assumes you wish to give the user access to all commands on the server, change the 250 to another level if you dont)

The SQL code for this is:

insert into account (name,status, minilogin_ip) values('edgar1898',250,'127.0.0.1');

i was following the direction from the read me that came with the DL

not sure if it will help but i will post my Boot5zones.bat , Login.ini and db.ini..

boot5zones.BAT
REM: ****Read this first!!!****

REM: This file requires your real IP in the place of "YourIP" when you are connecting
REM: To the EQEmu Loginserver.

REM: When you are using minilogin, Replace all IP Addresses to say 127.0.0.1

REM: If you still get errors try using localhost instead of 127.0.0.1

REM:--------------Start-----------------------
@echo off

if NOT exist spells_us.txt goto NOSPELL

start zone . 127.0.0.1 7995 192.168.1.100
start zone . 127.0.0.1 7996 192.168.1.100
start zone . 127.0.0.1 7997 192.168.1.100
start zone . 127.0.0.1 7998 192.168.1.100
start zone . 127.0.0.1 7999 192.168.1.100
exit
cls

:NOSPELL
echo You did not copy the spells_us.txt from your everquest directory to this one. Please do so or zones will crash on startup.
PAUSE

REM:---------------END------------------------

Login.ini
### --- This file tells world.exe what loginserver to connect to.
### --- Leave the account and password field BLANK.

### --- Public Login is un-supported as is LAN playing. We reccomend using the EQEmu.net Loginserver ALWAYS.

### --- NOTE: Starting 6-1-2002, you can no longer use the word "Server" in worldname.
### --- NOTE2: the word "Server" is added to each server automaticly.

# READ README.TXT

[LoginServer]
loginserver=127.0.0.1
loginserver2=newlogin1.eqemulator.net
loginport=5999
loginport2=5999
worldname=<<<<<TESTING>>>>>
worldaddress=66.24.244.112
locked=false
account=
password=

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=0
Unavailzone=

[ChatChannelServer]
worldshortname=
chataddress=
chatport=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=MiniLogin
ServerPort=5999

db.ini
# READ README.TXT!

[Database]
host=localhost
user=*****
password=******
database=eqemu

### --- This file tells world.exe what computer mySQL is on. Host should
### --- be left "localhost" unless mysql is on a differant computer than world.exe.

eqhost.txt
[LoginServer]
127.0.0.1:5999 i think this is how this is to be set up

if i have forgotten any information please let me know .. i would love to get this started .. i am using version 6.0 DR1 and the DB is barebones

thank you for your time

zephyr325
10-25-2004, 04:13 AM
I *think* you're asking for help on the database setup...if so...

1) Log into your database:
mysql -u root

2) Switch to the database you're using (I called mine "eq"):
use eq;

3) Use these commands to setup the database to allow minilogin:
INSERT INTO variables (varname, value, information) VALUES ('LoginType', 'Minilogin', 'Set this to Minilogin to login using a minilogin server :)');

alter table account add minilogin_ip varchar(32) not null;

4) As you've not created accounts in your database for you to log in with yet, you'll need to use this to initially create your accounts:
insert into account (name,status, minilogin_ip) values('edgar1898',250,'127.0.0.1');

You'll need to replace 'edgar1898' with your login name and '127.0.0.1' with the ip address from your client machine.

5) Run minilogin.exe. You should see that it is up and running in a command box.

6) Run world.exe. You should see a line in there that it connected to the login server, and the box in #5 should say that it connected to the world.exe box in this step.

7) Run your boot5zones.bat file. You should see that they connect to your world.exe in #6, and the world.exe box in #6 should show all your zones connecting to it.

Note to anyone else - I'm doing this from memory; correct me if I'm wrong.

mfcjunkie
10-25-2004, 12:04 PM
thanks fr helping i am still haveing no luck .. i have been messing with this for 3 Weeks and still can not get the server going ... i have had it to were i get no errors what so ever but when i log in i gett that damn 1017 error .. i have spent munorus hours in the forums reading on the 1017 and another error problem i have when i try to run a 6.0 DR1 server but every bit of the information i read is good information but it is not working for me at all in 100's of posts i have read .. so it come down to this i guess i am not to run a server only play ...

i just can not belive .. i dont give up on anything cuz eventualy i get it working but for some reason i can not get this to work :(

so thanks to everyone who tryed to help this will in actualyity be the first time i throw in the towel

but knowing me i will try again because i hate failure on my part

cya for now

jbahe
11-01-2004, 07:26 AM
can you give us the output from zone.xe when you get the 1017, that may help us see what's wrong

Sarepean
11-01-2004, 08:47 AM
If you ran the patcher in the last week, then you are above the supported version for EqEmulator--- could that be your problem?

hypershadow66
11-01-2004, 01:01 PM
hey, can you have a minilogin account thats ip address to login be

'%'

because in mysql you can use that to make Any IP with that username and password be able to login, does this work in this, or no?