PDA

View Full Version : Feign Death

Wiz
05-04-2002, 08:17 AM
I pondered how you would go about coding in FD to the source, and got some ideas. Since I'm fairly incapable of doing these myself, I figured I could try putting them out for discussion and generic bashing.

Firstly, you need the prime function itself (OP_FeignDeath) with skill check/increase. Upon success, it should trigger a flag to the feigner. (SetFeigned(1) or something)

When an NPC cycles through it's hate list, it should pluck out any people with a "feigned" flag and:

If level 31<: Simply remove them from it.
If level 32+: Add them to a specific clone of the hate list (memory list or something)

The memory list should not be used combat-wise, but every second or so, the mob should cycle through the memory list, and if a person on it isn't feigned, move him to hate list (however bump him to bottom), otherwise have a DB defined % chance (ForgetChance, default 1) to remove him off the memory list.

Any comments would be appreciated :)

DeletedUser
05-04-2002, 08:45 AM
Unfortunately on live, its a lot more complex than that, theres variations of them keeping aggro (even when fded), along with them totally forgetting about you

Wiz
05-04-2002, 09:34 AM
I know ;)

However, it's a decent start, and besides live FD code is fucked to hell and back what with the grouping/pet bugs, etc.

This would eliminate some monk headaches.

Also, it's fully possible for mobs to forget you, it just takes a random amount of time.