PDA

View Full Version : PvP reward / variable

Magoth78
10-25-2004, 10:31 PM
Hello,

I think it might be a lot of work but I'm asking if you guys can set a variable for a PvP reward.

Example: (if the ServerType is set to 1)
Add in the variables table a variable named: "PvPreward" (0, 1,2 or 3).
0 = If you get pk'd, noone can loot your corpse.
1 = If you get pk'd, the Pker's group (if grouped) can loot 1 items of your corpse. (including the no-drop)
2 = If you get pk'd, the Pker's group (if grouped) can loot all the items in your corpses.
3 = If you get pk'd, the Pker's group (if grouped) can loot an item that's set in a second variable named 'PvPitem' (wich is the ID of the item you want to see in the corpse of someone you killed).

Just wondering if it's possible :)

Have fun,
Magoth

Magoth78
11-05-2004, 03:43 AM
I'm bumping my post hope'ing a dev will answer to my previous request.

Please, let me know if it possible. Else, could you say me how I can change the code to make the players being able to loot the corpse of the PC they killed, please?

Thx by advance,
Mag

Edgar1898
11-05-2004, 03:57 AM
Sure I'll add it, could you please add it here:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=586961&group_id=88515&func=browse

(Just so it doesnt get lost and I dont forget about it) :)

Magoth78
11-05-2004, 06:21 AM
did,

Thx LE

Mag

Eck0style
11-06-2004, 12:16 AM
I think #2 is overdoing it a little, but other than that, sounds good to me. Lookin' foward to it.

Magoth78
11-06-2004, 04:20 AM
#2 is nice for the hardcore pvp servers

cavedude
11-06-2004, 04:42 AM
What about money on the corpse? Maybe another variable can be setup that is simply a number to represent the max amount of coin that can be looted off a corpse. 0 would mean no cash, -1 could mean all, or you could specify a max value in copper of what can be taken.

Edgar1898
11-07-2004, 12:58 PM
OK, here is what I did:

I added a new variable for coins: LootCoin
if set to 1 it will allow the group that killed the player to loot the players coins. All or nothing.

I implemented the PvPitem and PvPreward as requested in your original post. I will be uploading the new compiled versions soon, please test them and make sure they work correctly. I havent been able to test them so test all the options and let me know if you have any problems with them.

Magoth78
11-07-2004, 06:24 PM
Thx LE!

once i get home i'll upgrade my cvs and will test them on Empire

Mag

Magoth78
11-08-2004, 07:27 AM
Ok, tested all the options.

Here are the issues:
-- When you kill someone, the corpse disapears. You have to zone or relog to see the corpse.

LootCoin: working perfectly

PvPreward:
-- With option 0:
-- Everything is working well it seems.

-- With option 1:
-- A kills B.
-- A loots B one time: Everything working perfect.
-- A loots a second item of the B's corpse: error message "Error: you can't loot any more items on this corpse" : Working perfect.
-- When B comes back and tries to loot his corpses and A is still in the zone, there is an error message: "Someone is already looting his corpse" even if nnoones is looting the corpse.
When A zones or camp, B can immediatly loot his corpse again but... in fact, he can see in the corpse but can't loot any item because 1 item has already been looted by the attacker. The error message is: "Error you can not loot any more items from this corpse."

-- With option 2:
EDITED: Once the corpse is looted (1 or more item), the corpse owner can't loot his corpse anymore with same message as Option 1.

-- With option 3:
-- You can loot the item from the PvPitem variable. But same problem as option 1. There is the "You can not loot any more items from his corpse" when the corpse owner tries to loot his corpse.

I ll post the bugs I will see after some more tests.

Mag[/b]