PDA

View Full Version : Black screen prob

Gorad232
10-26-2004, 08:39 AM
i keep getting a black Screen when i try to log into cheaters after i make my toon and i hit enter world and then it goes to a black screen and does not go away. can anyone help?

sdabbs65
10-26-2004, 11:59 AM
i keep getting a black Screen when i try to log into cheaters after i make my toon and i hit enter world and then it goes to a black screen and does not go away. can anyone help?

hmmm not a clue im logged in now...
im patched to current and no problems logging in.
try a different zone maybe your trying a unsupported zone or something.
let me know what char you tried to create.

Sarepean
10-26-2004, 01:03 PM
I've noticed that whenever I use my home Emulator server, I get black screens through a lot of the process. Did you let it sit a while to be sure that it wasn't just loading something and you didn't see it (best way to tell is to watch the hard drive light)?

Also, one last thing you might try is updating your DirectX and Video Card driver if neither one is latest (DirectX should probably be DirectX 9.0b...)

-Sarepean

Gorad232
10-26-2004, 11:54 PM
Hard drive light was not on when i got black screen and i was trying to make a Ogure(its not spelled right) warrior.

sdabbs65
10-27-2004, 01:26 AM

Try makeing another Char in some other zone see if it's just Ogres that are having the probelm you can follow up on this issue at my website..

zephyr325
10-27-2004, 01:33 AM
You don't say if you're doing this on your own private server or someone else's. Are you able to sucessfully do it on any server?

Gorad232
10-27-2004, 08:04 AM
i can Log onto the server Evolution but will try to make a diffrent Race

Gorad232
10-29-2004, 07:59 AM
i tryed to make like 3 diffrent Races and it did not work on cheaters

VooDooKenshin
10-31-2004, 12:12 AM
I have experienced somethng very simular. For instance:

I created a DE Mage on a friend of mines server. I am current on patch and all Drives and files are current. When I click enter world it says Entering the Glooming Deep(I believe) and when the toon spawns I can see all of my windows ie chat window, spell bar, Action window, Hotkey bar ect, but my surroundings are completely black. I can spin in a circle, /who states I am in Neriak, sitting/standing does nothing. Moving forward or back does nothing /camp works fine regardless of my attempts to be in a standing position when I use the command. ie log back in and immediatly type /camp without doing anything else.

However, I also immediatly made a Human mage and although it spawned me out on the Qeynos docks (no clue why) I did enter the world normally and was able to move around.

Any ideas?

MIA
10-31-2004, 02:16 AM
I have experienced somethng very simular. For instance:

I created a DE Mage on a friend of mines server. I am current on patch and all Drives and files are current. When I click enter world it says Entering the Glooming Deep(I believe) and when the toon spawns I can see all of my windows ie chat window, spell bar, Action window, Hotkey bar ect, but my surroundings are completely black. I can spin in a circle, /who states I am in Neriak, sitting/standing does nothing. Moving forward or back does nothing /camp works fine regardless of my attempts to be in a standing position when I use the command. ie log back in and immediatly type /camp without doing anything else.

However, I also immediatly made a Human mage and although it spawned me out on the Qeynos docks (no clue why) I did enter the world normally and was able to move around.

Any ideas?

Glooming Deep is the new EQ tutorial, most servers dont use it so it transfers you to the races starting city.