PDA

View Full Version : SWG Server :)

Crazytaxzi
10-28-2004, 01:22 PM
I know you guys might all or few atleast think i am nuts or just plain lost. but i was wondering if there might be someone or you guys meybe working on a server emulator for Star Wars Galaxies. I think that would be awesome. If someone did start one now would be a great time considering there isn't too much to try to emulate atm cause they just came out with there First Expansion. Anyways just let me know what you think.

Cisyouc
10-28-2004, 01:41 PM
This really should be in like off-topic or something......

Rogean
10-28-2004, 10:49 PM
Moved. And no, We work on this emulator for our own pleasure because we all used to be everquest players. We aren't just monkeys sitting in a cave with someone cracking whips at us. We code what we want when we want, and that certainly means that we aren't going to be coding any emulators for other games.

lordnoob
10-29-2004, 02:35 PM
Good luck, I think it would be a great idea but Lucas would never allow it, there's not even any NWN modules that lastest that long. Lucas would sue so fast and with all those lawyers the emu would be done before it began.

RangerDown
10-29-2004, 05:54 PM
We aren't just monkeys sitting in a cave with someone cracking whips at us.

Help! I work in an Emu sweatshop and you're my only hope!

Crazytaxzi
11-01-2004, 08:08 AM
Well thank you for you opinions... i wasn't trying to tick anyone off it was just an idea... but i hope you guys have a good day and i didn't realy think about the lucas arts lawyers lmao...

Lestat43
11-08-2004, 01:16 PM
Moved. And no, We work on this emulator for our own pleasure because we all used to be everquest players. We aren't just monkeys sitting in a cave with someone cracking whips at us. We code what we want when we want, and that certainly means that we aren't going to be coding any emulators for other games.

That was kinda of a harsh come back and not even called for bro. Buddy was just asking you don't gotta be a dickhead about it. And I don't care who I piss off. :twisted:

Lestat43
11-08-2004, 01:33 PM
For the record though I do think if anyone who finds SWG fun decides to do an emulator that it would be a good idea. Doubt Lucas would do much more then SOE or any of the other companies out there have done considering there are several emulated games and they all say don't do it or else and they all obviously haven't done jack because we still enjoy playing them. And considering Jedi chars sell on ebay for $3,000 or better I'd personally find it hilarious having your own on your own server when some poor sap with no life is spending buttloads of cash on a virtual character. lol :twisted:

mrea
11-08-2004, 01:53 PM
Blizzard is trying to change that at the moment and isn't SWG under SOE along with EQ? 2 Strikes for us :P

Lestat43
11-09-2004, 03:30 AM
Kind of a joint contract really with SOE and Lucas Arts, but ya they are. lol :lol:

eq_addict_08
11-09-2004, 07:02 AM
bah, only mmporg I ever played was EQ1, only mmporg Emu I will play is EQemu.

Knight Errant
11-09-2004, 05:11 PM
With the Jump to Light Speed Exspansion defintaly.

DamienStone
11-10-2004, 06:53 AM
SWG emulating is a pain.

Knight Errant
11-10-2004, 02:04 PM
but it might be worth it for SWG.

DamienStone
11-11-2004, 02:08 AM
Id think about it after were done with MxOEmu but by then Id probably be interested in Phantasy Star Universe (Phantasy Star Online MMORPG not like the current ones , this one is on a massive scale, Japan release first like FFXI)

Knight Errant
11-13-2004, 07:43 AM
There is already a Phantasy Star Online Emulator out there.
http://pages.globetrotter.net/ctrep/

DamienStone
11-13-2004, 07:50 AM
There is already a Phantasy Star Online Emulator out there.
http://pages.globetrotter.net/ctrep/

lol I know the creator of PSO PC emulator (schthack)

Im talking about Phantasy Star Universe. The upcoming phantasy star MMORPG (on a FFXI, and other MMO scale)

-Damien

Knight Errant
11-14-2004, 03:51 PM
well I hope someday someone makes an SWG Emulator