PDA

View Full Version : Question to the PEQ Team: about Kunark and Classic

Sarepean
10-30-2004, 03:35 AM
Hey! I've been using your 058 Classic Database for a while and I must confess, you guys are doing a great job. =)

Okay, so here's the thing. When your database comes out, everything I source in is basically fixed to everything else (example: the loot_drop table has numbers that correspond with the npc_type table and if I had added an npc_type, that would throw it off), right?
That in mind, I'm curious when about do you think the Kunark release will be coming out? You see, I've got some item and npc creations and I'm wanting to delay making or adding anymore until after Kunark comes out since I'm going to have to use my backup database and readd everything.

Also--- I notice that there are no locked doors (or at least any I can find) in the classic database? Is this the database or is it the EQEmu coding or...? Either way, I'm just curious. =)

-Sarepean

RangerDown
10-30-2004, 04:01 AM
The npc_type ID's are numbered according to zone ID number. For example, npc ID's 1000-1999 are for the South Qeynos zone, 2000-2999 for the North Qeynos zone, and so on. To avoid conflicts, pick an NPC id number whose hundreds value is at 900 or above (ie, a custom NPC in North Qeynos, pick a number that's at least 2900 but less than 3000).

As for loottables and lootdrops, I don't think there's any rhyme or reason to the ID's picked there. Most likely the next available ID number used when our information source scripts another loot drop in.

The locked doors are probably our doing, and eventually we'll have to get to that. The doors table has a field that is set to 0 if the door doesn't lock, and the item ID of a needed key if it is locked. That probably won't be a high priority though, so you might want to update the doors on your own if you have the info.

govtcheeze
10-30-2004, 04:25 AM
Regarding the loot, kunark has a whole new table system. This will overwrite the classic loottables, so all info will be lost. If you are planning on adding loot, your best bet is to wait. I would HIGHLY recommend using the php editor Sotonin made to do any updates to the DB.

I think kunark is coming soon, I believe we are waiting on some code fixes and then need to confirm our faction is correct before releasing the DB.

Stay tuned ;)