PDA

View Full Version : 2 problems ... related?

commogod
11-01-2004, 06:35 PM
I've been having problems too.

(1) I can get to the server select screen but once I try to connect to a server I get an error message that says "eqgame.exe has encounterd an error and needs to close. sorry for the inconvieniece".

(2) I can get on some servers to the char selection screen but when I attempt to enter the world I just get a black screen forever until I hard reboot my computer.

Is there something that I did wrong? I could get on the Scorpious2k server (atually past the char selection screen and into the game) using their patch but had texture errors on their servers.

I am patched to current on live.
I have edited the eqgame.exe shortcut.
I have changed the eqhost file.

Am lost. Can someone help me please?

Thanks

CG

MSIMagus18
11-01-2004, 06:46 PM
I believe scorps official site has a solution for the texture thing. Go to my topic and you will see he linked me to his site there. Check it out as I said think I saw a solution under installation there.

While im posting, can you tell me what your eqhost.txt is set to......I cant seem to even get as far as you have so im trying to go over things and see if anything is different then anyone elses.

commogod
11-02-2004, 01:41 AM
eqhost.txt as follows:

[LoginServer]
Host=newlogin1.eqemulator.net:5994

Apparently I have done everything right and my problems are one of 2 things:

(1) Server sided problems

(2) Lag

scaerick
11-02-2004, 03:39 AM
I've seen something similar before. Try and run that OptionsEditor.exe (or whatever it's called) in your EverQuest directory; it will allow you to reset your video options.

Theoretically this shouldn't be necessary unless you got someone else's Everquest directory with their video settings already configured which do not match yours.

But, of course, that would be wrong, so I'm sure it's just a coincidence.