PDA

View Full Version : Precompiled Releases

Edgar1898
11-02-2004, 06:36 PM
Due to some issues opening the compiled versions I am making on cvs, I will start uploading the new ones here:
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=88515&package_id=128352&rel ease_id=279918

You will find the latest compiled there anytime I update the files. Its a bit more work for me to do, but no biggie.

Edit: If you sign up Release Notices, you will receive an email each time I update it. You wont receive spam from SF, and you can turn off the ability anytime you want. You can sign up for this at:

http://sourceforge.net/project/filemodule_monitor.php?filemodule_id=128352

Elkay
11-02-2004, 07:40 PM
Thanks much LE, the extra effort is much appreciated by us beta testers as we can compare our errors against the compile that you use. I'll test this compile in a couple as I'm watching the election coverage atm.

EDIT:

The compile you made executed without the nasty ASCII beeping errors that were produced via CVS compiles using VS 2k3. Freezing screen (ex black screen) errors will be updated in appropriate threads after testing.

Spike
11-03-2004, 12:52 AM
When will a new admin program for 6.0+ be released? I want one of those.

Edgar1898
11-03-2004, 05:41 AM
The compile you made executed without the nasty ASCII beeping errors that were produced via CVS compiles using VS 2k3. Freezing screen (ex black screen) errors will be updated in appropriate threads after testing.

Yah that was fixed and updated.

Aquelin
11-03-2004, 12:40 PM
Any idea about this?

[Error] Starting command queue perl parser.

[Error] Reloading quests for zone...

[Error] Making parser...

[Error] Mapping...

[Error] Starting command queue Mapping...

[Error] Reloading quests for zone...

[Error] Making parser...

[Error] Mapping...

[Error] Starting XS Mapping...

Everytime I log on my server now it causes my client to freeze.

Foxseven
11-03-2004, 04:25 PM
I got those also Aquelin. All I did was reboot to clear them. What I noticed next however were errors in the 'doors' table which were promptly fixed thanks to the error output in the zones window.

Apparently a column in that table was altered and a new one was added.

mByte
11-03-2004, 04:40 PM
can you put the src code you compiled in the there for people who dont want to use cvs but like to make some code changes?

if not no biggy

Aquelin
11-03-2004, 05:58 PM
I got those also Aquelin. All I did was reboot to clear them. What I noticed next however were errors in the 'doors' table which were promptly fixed thanks to the error output in the zones window.

Apparently a column in that table was altered and a new one was added.

I was able to fix the doors bug, but rebooting didn't seem to effect the errors I am getting.

Edgar1898
11-03-2004, 09:20 PM
I added a zip of the source as well.

Aquelin
11-04-2004, 08:21 PM
Lethal would it be possible for you to confirm any information that you have on the client freeze bug? As well as several unfunctioning/changed perl functions such as Scribespells or addldonpoints? Thanks in advance <3

sotonin
11-05-2004, 02:32 AM
Aquelin those are not true errors. FNW simply attached them to the error pool so he could get them to display in the logs. Ignore those.

Aquelin
11-05-2004, 02:42 PM
Aquelin those are not true errors. FNW simply attached them to the error pool so he could get them to display in the logs. Ignore those.

Yes I discovered that a good while ago. However, the errors I listed above still apply and were confirmed by Rogean, but not the cause.

Edgar1898
11-05-2004, 02:49 PM
Client freeze bug should be fixed tonight.

Edgar1898
11-05-2004, 04:11 PM
The six of you who were on the notification list were notified by email, for the rest: its updated and fixes the client freeze bug.

Aquelin
11-05-2004, 06:16 PM
The six of you who were on the notification list were notified by email, for the rest: its updated and fixes the client freeze bug.

Big <3

mystic414
11-06-2004, 04:52 PM
Would it be possible to update the date of the package when you update the files? It's still dated 11-03. I didn't realize you had updated since then until I checked this thread.