PDA

View Full Version : Most solo friendly servers?

MSIMagus18
11-04-2004, 10:31 AM
The reason im trying to move on from EQ to EQEmu is that I hate how group/raid oriented EQ is and how slooooooooow the exp gain is.

Alot of EQEmu servers change things so its faster I know.....however dont know which are best for a player like me.

Im thinking Fates Destiny or Scorpious are probally the most solo friendly but not sure which or if there is a better one.

ANy opinions and info on why is appreciated!

mysticalninjajesus
11-04-2004, 12:20 PM
if u hate the grind in live dont do it. eq has much more to offer. i recomoend you go back and pick which race/class you would most like to live in norrath with, and go around your city talking to npcs and questing but more importantly, learning. go do every quest you can find with the exeption of luclin newbie armor gear and rat extermination lol. youll be overwhelmed with the ammount you find at even low levels. remember the game is called ever-quest, not ever-camp for xp/pp and twink yourself in the bazzar till u reach end game or die from bordom..

MSIMagus18
11-04-2004, 12:47 PM
I hate questing and adventuring.

I like straight up exp grinding.......just not when its set to an insanly stupid lvl where sony has it. It shouldnt take you ALL day to gain a lvl which doesnt even really do that much. Not to mention the fact that unless your in a group its insanly slow so you often spend hours running from zone to zone with LFG tag on shouting LFG as well.

I like lvl grinding, just dont like lvl grinding in EQ because its broken.

Anyways. Got an actual suggestion?

mysticalninjajesus
11-04-2004, 12:56 PM
well the only servers you can play on right now are ones with patchers.. so either winters roar/scorp2k .. and scorp2k blows ass, so play wr.

anyway, if you prefer grinding, i still say you go play live and try taking on all the old school zones without twinking yourself on the broken economy. its pretty hard.

mattmeck
11-04-2004, 01:02 PM
and scorp2k blows ass

Not acording to the 100+ people who play a day......

mysticalninjajesus
11-04-2004, 01:05 PM
not acording to the whole 16 players logged on to scorp2k atm, no. but think about it, eqlive doesnt suck balls acording to the thousands of ppl who log on every day either.

MSIMagus18
11-04-2004, 03:48 PM
I already said that EQLive sucks for exp grinding. Its insanly slow and not solo friendly. EQLive I absoultly dislike now becuase of this. You really dont seem to be listening to me or even trying to awnser the topic. Just giving your own personal prefs. Its like if I awnsered to play Scorps server to someone wanting something harder then EQ with more role playing and questing.

Im not enjoying scorp much either though because its the opposite.......to overpowered. The items you get are just INSANE for the lvls you get them(some period). I mean 500/15! One guy did 1-58 in about an hour! Im gonna give the server a bit more of a chance but its looking to be way to fast.

After I finish ill try Fates Destiny since they said they upped exp to make the game faster to lvl and also made it solo friendly. Thats what im looking for and hopefully its more balanced then scorp so its just right.

troutman
11-04-2004, 04:46 PM
Scorp or WR are probably your best bet, as they've been around a bit.

EQLive servers can be horrid. I got lectured by a guide once that witnessed me using the /gesture command. Some kid was constantly harrassing my chanter for KEI in tells. Why the hell would the idiots at SOE put an emote in the game that you can be bitched out for using anyway? lol. Sad lot they are.

mattmeck
11-04-2004, 04:58 PM
not acording to the whole 16 players logged on to scorp2k atm, no. but think about it, eqlive doesnt suck balls acording to the thousands of ppl who log on every day either.

See this is your opinion, not everyones opinion. How will this person know wether there opinion is like yours unless they try?

There is no one server that will ever be for everyone, they want a solo friendly server, thats definetly one of S2K's fetures.

MSIMagus18
11-04-2004, 07:00 PM
Winters Roar is solo friendly? What about it is? From what I read it sounded mostly like it wasnt.

MSIMagus18
11-04-2004, 08:43 PM
Ya....WR deffintly doesnt sound solo friendly. Iv been reading up at the forums for awhile and seen dozens of posts of either people complaining about how hard it is to solo or people saying things like No one likes a soloer here.

Hell, in one topic where they were asking what people wanted to see in the game one person said that he thought exp was set to low and that he knew people that quit but would come back if the exp was better. An admins response was.

We don't really want people who give up at the first sight of challenge. We want people, yes, but not worthless people.

Mongrel
11-04-2004, 09:04 PM
WR is hard, yes, much like the original EQ was. If you don't like it, don't play it.

But if you liked original EQ, you'll really love WR. ;)

MSIMagus18
11-04-2004, 09:24 PM
Considering that im asking for a SOLO friendly server where the exp is faster then current EQ I deffintly dont want a server thats like the old EQ. The exp now is horribly slow.....old EQ was even worse....my god was it bad.

Not insulting WR or that style of game.......just saying its not for me....

Anyways again looking for a server with fast exp but not insane like Scorp2k.....anyone have an actual suggestion along these lines not just suggesting a fav server?

Adh87
11-05-2004, 03:46 AM
Play on EMPIRE, its not that bad. PVP also, so when you get to the top level, and get fully geared up, you have people to hunt now...and killing a player is much harder than killing an NPC...give it a try bro.

Kidan, Spartah, Rowdy, and Stonie are my characters there...send me a tell I can help ya

MSIMagus18
11-05-2004, 06:09 AM
Dont really like PVP but might be willing to give empire a shot. What makes you say its solo friendly/you lvl faster? No offense on asking but so far people have given their fav servers not actual decent suggestions.

mysticalninjajesus
11-05-2004, 07:14 AM
But if you liked original EQ, you'll really love WR.

kinda.. WR is just sooo weak compared to original eq though.. in difficulty and story.. an original eq server would totaly rape it.