PDA

View Full Version : 6.0 -dr2 offical-help

onejessman
11-04-2004, 02:03 PM
i DLed the 6.0 dr2 off sorcefoarge and set it up all the jazz...world boots fine...click boot5zones.bat and i get can not run zone....i figured it was changed to zonePerl cuz thats what in the folder so i change it boot it and it runs ok till it boots the command list
when apon it says [Status] loading embedded perl XS
[Error] Starting command queue perl parser
[Error] Reloading quests for zone...

[Error] Making parser...

[Status] Error initializing perlembed: failed to install plugin printhook do you lack IO::scalar?
[Status] Fatal error initializing perl: failed to install plugin printhook do you lack IO::scalar?

and then the window closes

McFox666
11-04-2004, 02:40 PM
Almost the same problem with the DR2 :

[Status] Loading embedded perl XS
[Error] Starting command queue perl parser.

[Error] Making parser...

[Error] Mapping...

[Error] Starting command queue Mapping...

[Error] Making parser...

[Error] Mapping...

[Error] Starting XS Mapping...

But my window is not closed and IO::scalar is installed. I don't understand :p

hypershadow66
11-04-2004, 03:28 PM
i DLed the 6.0 dr2 off sorcefoarge and set it up all the jazz...world boots fine...click boot5zones.bat and i get can not run zone....i figured it was changed to zonePerl cuz thats what in the folder so i change it boot it and it runs ok till it boots the command list
when apon it says [Status] loading embedded perl XS
[Error] Starting command queue perl parser

[Error] Making parser...

[Status] Error initializing perlembed: failed to install plugin printhook do you lack IO::scalar?
[Status] Fatal error initializing perl: failed to install plugin printhook do you lack IO::scalar?

and then the window closes

2 things, do you have IO::Scalar installed, and did you add the right files to the source.

sotonin
11-04-2004, 04:28 PM
Ignore those errors. they are not true errors. FNW stuck them on that system to display them in logs. So just ignore them

->>>>> aimed at Mcfox, not sure on the others

McFox666
11-05-2004, 11:45 AM
Ignore those errors. they are not true errors. FNW stuck them on that system to display them in logs. So just ignore them

->>>>> aimed at Mcfox, not sure on the others

Ok, thank you sotonin :wink:

WildcardX
11-07-2004, 06:40 PM
I am having the same troubles as onejessman with IO::scalar. I posted more about it in this thread. Can anyone help me? http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=106064#106064