PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with #zone command

tommy_pitts
11-05-2004, 03:31 AM
Sorry i'm a complete tard but here's my question and hopefully someones had the same issue and could help me out. thanks

For Example when i try to zone to potrainquility

#zone potrainquility

It goes to the loading zone screen then eq crashes and says that it could not locate the file potrainquility file in the EQ directory....blah, blah, blah....

I look in my EQ directory i am using for EQEmu use and there is no files associated with that zone after EQ crashes...

So what i have tried was to go to my EQ backup folder copy all the PoTr files to the EQ directory for EQEmu and paste 'em there.

I can then log back on with that toon.

But the only flaw with this is that there are no NPCs in that zone.

Created a bard, used track and only say my bard there down in Nadox.

Any help would be useful. thanks.

btw i also ran the complete file check after the crash and it did not download any of the missing files.

>>>EDIT<<<

also MSIMagus18 maybe having a similar issue http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18284

"Or i have not have had time to try this but would it be a good idea to change all the zone files to read only?"

Thanks again,
Superman420 < --- your local Tard !!!

wize_one
11-05-2004, 04:13 AM
if you are useing the PEQ classic-kunark database it wont have any data for npcs past kunark.. you have to wait till that data has been tested and corrected and released.. next one that will be out sometime will be velious..

the PEQ team is working per expansion.. give en time to work their magic.. 8)

animepimp
11-05-2004, 04:34 AM
If you want the planes and other zones, you need to download the expansions associated with them. Go to advanced in the patcher and check all the expansions and then do a complete file check.

cofruben
11-05-2004, 04:48 AM
anyways use /zone

tommy_pitts
11-05-2004, 04:53 AM
I currently do beleive that all my expansions are enabled for the zones i was trying....i installed from an Eq Evolution CD. Which is good except for GoD, LDoN, and GoD.

i did check...mainly i was wondering why the files where being deleted and why there where no npcs after i restart EQ with the back copies of the zone files that where deleted.

SHOULD I CHANGE ALL MY ZONE FILES TO READ ONLY? <<<

would that resolve the problems.

Also the server i'm on has all the expansions enabled. Brand New Server. Don't remember the name off the top of my head though.

PLEASE HELP! :P

tommy_pitts
11-05-2004, 04:54 AM
would /zone resolve this issue. is it a know issue or is it just me?

eq_addict_08
11-05-2004, 06:32 AM
Well since the plane of trainquility does not exist, I would try using #zone potranquility. Will prolly solve problem.

hypershadow66
11-05-2004, 06:48 AM
It is not the client causing no zones to be there. it is the server. if the GM or whoever makes the NPCs and such for that server hasnt put any there then there wont be anything there.