PDA

View Full Version : ROFL I asked a Ebay seller.

Memener
11-05-2004, 06:04 PM
This is the Item:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6336805387

Heres what i asked first:
Dear meshedcreations,

I dont understand computer DVD drive only? How many disk are there? What format are the disks in?
(seems like simple questions)

Heres what i get back:
it says computer DVD drive only. that would mean no DVD players. Computer DVD drive only. period. exclaimation. ONLY.

Please do not bid on my item. Thank you
(Hmmmm)

My reply:
Oh ok thanks alot dude... I'll send a copy of this email to the lead bidder..(I was going to do this and tell the guy not to ask any questions becuase this guy is a real dick) But i was late for work :)

Heres what i got back:

You have been reported to ebay for harassment, and for obstruction to bidding.

A copy of your first email has been sent to Ebay, which stated:
"I dont understand computer DVD drive only? How many disk are there? What format are the disks in?"

A copy of my response has been sent to Ebay, which stated:
"It says computer DVD drive only. that would mean no DVD players. Computer DVD drive only. period. exclaimation. ONLY.

Please do not bid on my item. Thank you."

A copy of your second email has been sent to Ebay, which stated:
"Oh ok thanks alot dude... I'll send a copy of this email to the lead bidder..."

In case you are unfamiliar with the Ebay policy on solicitation, you can read it here: http://pages.ebay.com/help/welcome/pyp-unwelcome-email.html

I will be sure to ask my high bidder if you have contacted them, and for a copy of the email if you do. I will be sure to include that in my case number with Ebay.

Is this really odd or what?

If you look on that link your seel that it say "If you have any Questions please Email me. I'll be happy to answer them.

Let me know if you think I am in the wrong for asking a few questions, or is he in the wrong for being an ass.

Grammer sucks, i know :)

Spike
11-05-2004, 06:34 PM
*sigh* thats life man. Just deal with it, its obvious it was stupid, but things happen.

Kroeg
11-05-2004, 08:53 PM
Judging by the mis-structured english and the seemingly instant nervousness from the seller, that and the "COMPUTER DVD DRIVE ONLY", they are bootlegs (probably crap quality I'll bet) and the seller got nervous when you questioned the specifics of the disc format.

Take it with a grain of salt.

Cisyouc
11-06-2004, 01:29 AM
Judging by the mis-structured english and the seemingly instant nervousness from the seller, that and the "COMPUTER DVD DRIVE ONLY", they are bootlegs (probably crap quality I'll bet) and the seller got nervous when you questioned the specifics of the disc format.

Take it with a grain of salt.Agreed

cavedude
11-06-2004, 05:35 AM
I reported that guy to Ebay for possible copyright infringment. They'll check it out and if he's guilty they'll ban him. That's all you have to do for losers like that.