PDA

View Full Version : PoP??

Laviathon
11-05-2004, 10:21 PM
ok i am setting up a server 6.0 DR2 using PEQ_Kunark_RC1 database and i was wondering if i wanted to add PoP or Velious how do i add them ... i read a few posts that they did have on the topic simular to mine and i read something about haveing PoP installed .. i forgot all my eq disks in Indiana when i moved to NY for school and at the time sony had it so you could DL the trilogy so that is what i have installed it is patched to th newest version with all the expansions checked under the advanced tab but i am thinking that dont matter and that i will need the cd's to have all the expansions on my server enabled.

is that what i have to do or is there anyother way ..

thank you for your time

-------------------EDIT-----------------
all the pop books are in game just when i click on it or do #sone to pop or velious it says invalid zone

cavedude
11-06-2004, 04:53 AM
If you have all the boxes checked then your client has all expansions enabled.

The server is a little more tricky. To enable all expansions on it, set expansions under the variables table to 255 in your database. You'll be able to zone to any zone you wish at that point, however only Old World and Kunark will be populated. You'll need to add mobs, loot, factions, merchants and all that good stuff for every other zone yourself or wait for future PEQ databases.

There is a program called EQBuilder which can help you populate although its not comaptible with Live so you'll need to get your hands on some older logs. A good amount can be had on the PEQ website.

Laviathon
11-06-2004, 05:19 AM
kewl thank you .. yes i have that site PEQ in my fav's and check it offten .. spawning and doing all that myself is no prob that will help me learn more about this :)

atm i have been working on quests not real good at it and tend to get blockage and ideas run short somethines hehe but at least there will be pleanty ..getting 3-4 quests set up in each town diff levels .. and a few thrown around in diff places

------------------------EDIT-------------------
ok i used MySQL-front to change the expansions but it is already set for 255