PDA

View Full Version : That Zone is Unavailable

joshyoowuh
11-06-2004, 02:58 AM
Alright, so I tried to make my own server. I used this tutorial http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17531

Well anyways, everything went alright. But now, I made a Human Bard to start in Qeynos to test everything out. But when I hit enter world it goes to a black screen, then back to Character Select screen with "That Zone is Unavailable".

I think it has something to do with my Zone.exe. When I start it up, this is all it says.

[Status] CURRENT_ZONE_VERSION: EQEMu 0.6.0-DR1
[Status] Loading Variables
[Status] Loading zone names
[Status] Loading items
[Status] EMuShareMem loaded

I've tried to make my own server before, but my Zone.exe said a lot more than that. Any help would be appreciated.

joshyoowuh
11-06-2004, 03:18 AM
Ugh. It goes past the last thing for some reason. But now its saying something like Do you lack scalar? Or something like that. Not very sure..

mrea
11-06-2004, 03:25 AM
Yeah, you probably got the PERL release and didnt set up perl...

joshyoowuh
11-06-2004, 03:30 AM
Hmm okay. So how do I set up Perl? Or am I suppose to get something else for it to work?

mrea
11-06-2004, 03:36 AM
First, download and install ActivePerl (ActivePerl Downloads (http://www.activestate.com/Products/Download/Download.plex?id=ActivePerl)) to C:\EQEMu\perl

Now install IO::Scalar using a snip from Lurker_005's Guide to the Perl Quest System.

Installing Perl

Download Perl 5.8, Then install using the default settings for everything. Now reboot so path changes take affect. Congratulations, Perl is installed.

Installing IO::Scalar
If you don't already have it, download nmake.exe (http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/oss/cvs/jsp/~checkout~/jspformatbean2/Attic/NMAKE.EXE?rev=1.1.1.1&content-type=application/exe) (save with .exe extension). Copy it into your perl\bin directory. Then type the following in a DOS window:

perl -MCPAN -e shell

When asked if you want to configure it manually, say "no". Once everything is done there type in:

install IO::Scalar

Once complete it should say -- install OK.

Problems
If perl isn't installed properly the zone windows will disapear after starting up. If you followed all the above steps correctly, make sure you have a copy of "Perl58.dll" in your "C:\Perl\bin" directory. If there is a copy there, search your computer for all other copies of it and delete them. Also note it is Perl58, not 56.

To test if IO::Scalars is installed type the following in a DOS window:

perl -MIO::Scalar -e "print 'Installed'"

If you get an error it isn't working. Make sure you installed it correctly, if you didn't delete the following files in "C:\Perl\site\lib\IO" and then rerun "install IO::Scalar":
Scalar.pm
Scalar.pm.html
ScalarArray.pm

[/code][/url]

joshyoowuh
11-06-2004, 04:10 AM
Egh, no matter how much I try... IO::Scalar simply won't install.

However this keeps happening. Not sure how to fix it.

There seems to be running another CPAN process <pid 1280>. Contacting... Other job not responding. Shall I overwrite the lockfile? <Y/N> [y]

Okay. Now, after trying to mess with it, I do a install IO::Scalar and all it says is

IO::Scalar is up to date.

It still gets the error on the Zone.exe

I do a make install IO::Scalar and after awhile this is all I get.

C:\Perl\bin\nmake.EXE -- OK

Then it ends. I still get the error.

Any help would be appreciated

mrea
11-06-2004, 04:54 AM
Is it the same error or is there another, possibly needing to add the `rezzed` column to your database

joshyoowuh
11-06-2004, 08:36 AM
Alright. In only 1 of the Zone.exe windows, it says "Error in DBLoadNPCFactionLists: More than MAX_NPC_FACTIONS factions returned, flid=(then right here it has 4 numbers)

More than 5 of these come up... any help?

Oh, and about the rezzed thing, I checked my database and there is no 'rezzed' column. Where can I find this file? I couldn't find it in that sql page in the Setting Up Your Own Server tutorial.

joshyoowuh
11-06-2004, 10:07 AM
Alright. Here is exactly what that Zone.exe window says...

[Status] Loading items
[Status] Loading items from database: count=36965, max id=77768
[Status] Loading npcs
[Status] Loading npc faction lists
[Status] Loading NPC Faction Lists from database...
Error in DBLoadNPCFactionLists: More than MAX_NPC_FACTIONS factions returned, fl
id=1616
Error in DBLoadNPCFactionLists: More than MAX_NPC_FACTIONS factions returned, fl
id=1616
id=1616
id=1618
id=1621
id=1622
id=1630
id=1641
id=1643
id=1920
id=1920
id=1920
id=1927
id=1927
id=1927
id=1931
id=1938
id=1938
id=1948
id=1948
id=1948
id=2014
id=2014
id=2067
id=2092
id=2935
id=2935
id=3333
id=3334
id=3337
id=3338
id=3339
id=4862
[Status] Loading loot tables
[Status] Loading Loot tables from database...
[Status] Loading doors
[Status] Loading guilds
[Status] Loading factions
[Status] Loading AA effects
[Status] Loading swarm spells
[Status] Loading corpse timers
[Status] Loading what ever is left
[Status] Loading commands
[Status] command_init(): Warning: Command 'hp' defaulting to access level 0!
[Status] command_init(): Warning: Command 'pf' defaulting to access level 0!
[Status] command_init(): Warning: Command 'bestz' defaulting to access level 0!
[Status] command_init(): Warning: Command 'ginfo' defaulting to access level 0!
[Status] 175 commands loaded
[Status] Loading embedded perl
[Status] Error initializing perlembed: failed to install plugin printhook, do yo
u lack IO::Scalar?
[Status] Fatal error initializing perl: failed to install plugin printhook, do y
ou lack IO::Scalar?

joshyoowuh
11-06-2004, 04:02 PM
Alright, I've been trying to fix this for hours. All I can get is that IO::Scalar is up to date, but when I use the line to check if it is installed, it says "Does not recognize perl" or something like that. Any help at all would be appreciated.

hypershadow66
11-06-2004, 04:51 PM
You should probably download the Release version of the latest eQeMu. Then you will not get IO::Scalar errors. and about the faction db thing, you could try deleting those factions in Mysql Front

joshyoowuh
11-07-2004, 02:15 AM
Alright, I downloaded the latest release, and I extracted it to my EQEmu Folder and I still get IO::Scalar errors. Was I suppose to do something else with it?

mrea
11-07-2004, 02:32 AM
Don't hold me to this but I think its as follows for the rezzed column:
alter table `player_corpses` add `rezzed` tinyint(3) unsigned default "0";

joshyoowuh
11-07-2004, 02:35 AM
Okay, I tried this and this is what I got...

ERROR 1060: Duplicate column name `rezzed`

joshyoowuh
11-07-2004, 03:01 AM
Well actually, only 1 window is getting the IO::Scalar errors. Here is what it says.

[Status] Loading items
[Status] Loading items from database: count=36965, max id=77768
[Status] Loading npcs
[Status] Loading npc faction lists
[Status] Loading loot tables
[Status] Loading Loot tables from database...
[Status] Loading doors
[Status] Loading Doors from database...
Error in DBLoadDoors query 'SELECT id,doorid,zone,name,pos_x,pos_y,pos_z,heading
,opentype,guild,lockpick,keyitem,triggerdoor,trigg ertype,dest_zone,dest_x,dest_y
,dest_z,dest_heading,liftheight,invert_state,incli ne from doors' #1054: Unknown
column 'liftheight' in 'field list'
Error: EMuShareMem: DLLLoadDoors: !cbDBLoadDoors
[Status] FileLoadSPDat() Loading spells from ./spells_us.txt
[Status] FileLoadSPDat() spells loaded: 6299
[Status] Loading guilds
[Status] Loading factions
[Status] Loading AA effects
[Status] Loading swarm spells
[Status] Loading corpse timers
[Status] Loading what ever is left
[Status] Loading commands
[Status] command_init(): Warning: Command 'hp' defaulting to access level 0!
[Status] command_init(): Warning: Command 'pf' defaulting to access level 0!
[Status] command_init(): Warning: Command 'bestz' defaulting to access level 0!
[Status] command_init(): Warning: Command 'ginfo' defaulting to access level 0!
[Status] 175 commands loaded
[Status] Loading embedded perl
[Status] Error initializing perlembed: failed to install plugin printhook, do yo
u lack IO::Scalar?
[Status] Fatal error initializing perl: failed to install plugin printhook, do y
ou lack IO::Scalar?

Then it gets the "Don't Send" or "Send Error Report" message and it shuts down. 4 Windows are still up but are stuck at Doors message.

Echoes
11-07-2004, 05:06 AM
I'm having the same "zone not available" errors as joshyoowuh, but i was wondering do we have to load certain things about the zones to not have these problems? like, maps? where do we load them into? im guessing C:\EQEMU\maps.[/quote]

joshyoowuh
11-07-2004, 07:24 AM
I fixed mine..

All i did was download the Non-Perl 6.0 and then it worked...

hoppy02
11-17-2004, 02:56 PM
what you mean by the Non-Perl 6.0 ver ??

can you please link it as I havethe same probs.

cheers

Muuss
11-17-2004, 08:38 PM
He means he downloaded the compiled release that hasn't perl support enabled. On sourceforge, it is "Compiled-Release-Win32.zip".

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=88515&package_id=128352

Hao3w
04-12-2008, 09:44 PM
"All i did was download the Non-Perl 6.0 and then it worked..."

Could you tell the detail? Thanks a lot!

Hao3w
04-19-2008, 10:16 AM
"All i did was download the Non-Perl 6.0 and then it worked..."

Could you tell the detail? Thanks a lot!

Help!!

erik_llewellyn
04-19-2008, 10:39 AM
If you want quests using the current or any recent version of the Emu, you MUST install pearl. While I have not tested it, it is possible by now that it my be required reguardless.

leslamarch
04-19-2008, 11:13 AM
WOW bringing back a 4 year old post, that must be a record :(

mattmeck
04-19-2008, 11:33 AM
WOW bringing back a 4 year old post, that must be a record :(

Its all your fault!!!