PDA

View Full Version : AE's, Casting & NPC Damage

EQMonkey
05-05-2002, 12:06 PM
I wanted to try and make some cool, hard encounters, but haven't been able to create anything that couldn't be killed by 1 good war/cleric. I was wondering if there is any way to ad in AE's and or proc's on an npc, and if not, will this feature be added soon? Also will you guys be implementing a system where we could select a minimum and max damage an npc can do, as well as it's attack delay? Also when I tried to make npc's cast, they seem to have a 2sec cast time regardless of the spell, and ALWAYS get interrupted if being melee'd.

My last question is about special abilities. I noticed a command ingame to give npc's special attacks but it didn't seem to work. IMO just have a field for each ability where you can enter a percentage of how often the ability goes off. That way you can enable flurry, rampage etc. You could also put in fields for ae's where you could enter in a spell (dragon roar for example) with it's recast time.

Anyway I know that's alot and no clue how hard it is to do.

devn00b
05-05-2002, 12:25 PM
it depens largly on the lvl of the mobs on my lanserver (modified source) i have a mob that wiped one group of my friends (war,cleric,ench ranja) owned them realy fast...the mob was lvl 175.. with 275000 hps.

was rather fun to standd an watch haha