PDA

View Full Version : GRANT PRIVILEGES problem

Zace
11-06-2004, 09:20 AM
I am using my EQ database.
I have typed the command
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO xxxx@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'password' WITH GRANT OPTION;

However I ALWAYS get 0 rows affected.

The problem is how do i work out which xxxx and password i use.
Am i supposed to use the oceral MySQL one ? If so (I set MySQL up last year!!) am using the name on the winmysqladmin window.
However that failed, as did root, and all the names i added as eq users. I also checked c:\winnt\my.ini and used the details stored in there too!!!

This is causing me good old 1017 error and i dont really want to have to wipe out all my other databases just to get this one running.

joshyoowuh
11-06-2004, 09:22 AM
About the 0 rows effected thing, I don't think thats an error.

Zace
11-06-2004, 09:44 AM
Its not an error , but in all the readme's it is telling me it should say 1 row affected!!!

Anyway - still getting 1017, and thought this was the problem - doh.

mrea
11-06-2004, 09:54 AM
No tutorial tells you that you should have 1 row affected here. As for the 1017, unless you happen to find something searching, you are probably screwed (this has happened to me before)

Zace
11-06-2004, 10:05 AM
Nope - nothing happens in my world.exe

Cans
11-06-2004, 02:14 PM
I don't see how the grant all privileges etc thing will cause a 1017 error on your server.

Technically, to run your server, you don't have to open up a MySQL prompt and type that in - you just run world.exe and boot5zones.bat.

What will cause a 1017 error is either you not having your ports opened up, you having wrong IP Addresses in wrong places in certain files (Loginserver.ini and Boot5zones.bat mainly), or you not having the right files for the particular server you are trying to run.

The username/password it is referring to is the original one you put in for mysql when that box popped up.

Zace
11-06-2004, 08:35 PM
Hmm ok thanks. Well I upgraded to DR2 and now i get an error on zone loading with the NPC Factions list loading,e xcept there is no error message, so i cant tell what is going wrong.