PDA

View Full Version : Monk Epic

Foxseven
11-09-2004, 09:37 PM
Can someone confirm if they can get the first part of the monk epic working on a 6.0 DR2 server please?

Here is the link to the original post ....http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16197&highlight=celestial&sid=6398 0c13b0d50f80a38b30290c966308

And here is the first piece of text that I just cannot get to work.

#Zone - West Freeport
#Type - Quest
#Class - Monk
#mob - Velan Torresk

sub EVENT_SAY
{
if($text=~/Hail,$mname/i)
{
quest::say("Greetings, $name ! I am Velan Torresk of the Ashen Order. I am in charge of training the newest members of our clan, and helping them advance their skills and rank. When members perform certain tasks on behalf of the Order, they advance to a higher rank in our clan, and are awarded a special [sash].");
}
if($text=~/What sash?/i)
{
quest::say("The Sashes of Order are given out by the various trainers of our clan. I give out the [white training sash] and the [yellow sash of order], and [Reyia] is in charge of the orange and red sashes.");
}
if($text=~/What white training sash?/i)
{
quest::say("The white training sash of the Ashen Order is awarded to our new members for completing a few simple tasks to prove their devotion to our clan. As you know, Freeport is a very hostile place, under constant attack from orcs, wild beasts, and even the undead. To help keep this city and its citizens relatively safe, we mus help the Militia protect the main gates. Bring me two deathfist pawn scalps, a snake fang, and a bone chip. Good luck, $name , represent us well!");
}
if($text=~/Who is Reyia?/i)
{
quest::say("Reyia is standing outside the Ashen Order. She will instruct you in completing the orange and red sashes");
}
if($text=~/What yellow sash?/i)
{
quest::say("To earn the yellow sash, you must prove yourself to be very skilled in the art of fighting. The lands to the west and south of Freeport are filled with dangerous beasts that often prey upon innocent travelers. Help protect our merchant caravans and traveling citizens, while at the same time practicing your defensive skills, and eliminating these deadly creatures from the surrounding landscape. Bring me a giant snake rattle, a deathfist slashed belt, a desert tarantula chitin, and turn in your white training sash, and I shall reward your noble work with our yellow sash of order. Good luck, $name !");
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if($itemcount{13794} && $itemcount{13794} && $itemcount{13067} && $itemcount{13073} == 1)
{
quest::say("Good work, $name , you have worked hard and proven yourself a valuable addition to the Ashen Order. Here is your white training sash, wear it with pride");
quest::summonitem(10130);
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if($itemcount{13916} && $itemcount{13058} && $itemcount{20901} && $itemcount{10130} == 1)
{
quest::say("Good work, $name , you have worked hard and proven yourself a valuable addition to the Ashen Order. Here is your yellow sash of order, wear it with pride");
quest::summonitem(10131);
}
}

Foxseven
11-10-2004, 12:04 PM
Ok, thanks to some help from The Horrid I was able to knock out a few of the issues regarding the Monk Epic quest. I am happy to say that I have finished it! =)

A lot of work had to be done to re-code the script. Not sure why but may very well be an issue with the version of Perl. I estimate that about 80% of it had to be reworked. If anyone is interested in obtaining this from me I am more than happy to share.

I am going to give the Warrior Epic a shot but cannont find any sites with very detailed verbage as to what the NPC's say. If anyone has a site in mind please let me know. Otherwise I should still be able to finish it with the same end result as EQLIVE but a lot of the storyline will be missing.

eq_addict_08
11-10-2004, 08:12 PM
there is a quest repository somewhere, where you can upload complete quests to. Search it. Would be nice to get majority of quests libraried.