PDA

View Full Version : Login Question

magic
11-11-2004, 09:43 AM
I was having trouble logging in to a few different servers, and so had a friend who created his own server walk me through it. Got my own created and played on it last night, now I am not able to log into my own server. I have checked the eqhost file and the world is up and running with zones booted, but I cannot log into my own server like i was last night, is there something else i need to connect to my server and others i cannot connect to?

Sarepean
11-11-2004, 03:53 PM
Okay, when you set this up, did you use MiniLogin and did you use the external IP in your boot5zones.bat file?

If so, try booting 5 zones with all IPs replaced with localhost or 127.0.0.1. If you used your "external IP" and then, for some reason, it changed when you renewed your IP after your last boot-up, then your information is now completely incorrect and that could be causing it.

-Sarepean

magic
11-12-2004, 08:34 AM
I finally got in touch with my friend who has done this before and i made the mistake of not replacing my external ip and checking to see if my internal ip was the same, but it works now. ty for the post though.

Sarepean
11-12-2004, 12:27 PM
No problem. Just glad you got it working. =)

-Sarepean