PDA

View Full Version : "an unknown error occured....."

Echoes
11-13-2004, 03:59 PM
I got the right eqmain.dll. but when i try to log onto my server i get "an unknown error occured while trying to join the server". Plz post answer, :) thanks very much :)

Sarepean
11-13-2004, 04:02 PM
Your eqmain.dll file is too far patched. You need to step back one patch, but I won't be able to get that file to you until tomorrow sometime if you want to drop your email on the forum.

-Sarepean

EDIT:: I must have misread your statement before I posted this response. Sorry in advance. Take the eqmain.dll I gave you and put it in another folder, patch up to EQ Live, and then put the eqmain.dll back. Run your emulator and watch for any errors or weird outputs, then run EQ and try to connect. When you get the error, try to notice anything it does before erroring (for example, if the screen flicks right before it errors, it could be graphics) and after it errors, check the outputs of world.exe and your zones.

Topgun1969
11-18-2004, 08:35 AM
I am having the exact same problem here as well with the Unknown error. Eqmain.dll is patched full. Did you ever get this problem solved?

sdabbs65
11-18-2004, 08:42 AM
I am having the exact same problem here as well with the Unknown error. Eqmain.dll is patched full. Did you ever get this problem solved?

Ihad this happen on my server it was because the databse got corrupted..
can you log on other servers ?

Topgun1969
11-18-2004, 08:52 AM
I am able to log in other servers, this means mine is corrupted and maybe do a fresh database?

sdabbs65
11-18-2004, 08:54 AM
I am able to log in other servers, this means mine is corrupted and maybe do a fresh database?

YUP.

Topgun1969
11-18-2004, 09:10 AM
Thanks! :)