PDA

View Full Version : Poor Vah shir...

Shadowsbane
11-15-2004, 11:18 AM
Maybe... I was the only one that loved the Vah Shir (and no, i resent the remark about the "hellokitty" crap. But the Vah shir were my favorite class. I was relatively crushed to find out that they were not supported here... Any idea if they will be brought back? Or am i really the only one who loved them?

Cisyouc
11-15-2004, 11:19 AM
They aren't supported here? Since when?

Shadowsbane
11-15-2004, 11:20 AM
It told me that they were useless and that they were removed as player characters and are only used as target practise... Since they were the ONLY reason i came back to EQ, i kinda wanted to play one... I am determined to get those darned claws...

Cisyouc
11-15-2004, 11:24 AM
ItWho?

As long as you dont use PEQ, Vah Shir work fine.

Shadowsbane
11-15-2004, 11:28 AM
I just started this server today.
I have the trilogy installed, and luclin.
i followed all the directions to install and get the accounts and so one and so forth.
I went to create my first character, and clicked vah shir.
after many such attempts, i read the bottom box on the screen, it said "the vah shir were the no use token race that came with the useless patch luclin, they have been used only for target practise " or something to that effect, and it wont let me make a character with it.

I didnt mean sfor this to become a support ticket. I just thought i couldnt make a vah shir.

please, if you use AIM or YAHOO or ICQ let me know, we can continue this there instead...

Cisyouc
11-15-2004, 11:37 AM
I'm not sure what to tell you, lol. I know that Vah Shir work fine on Evolution II (the server I work on), and we use 0.6.0-DR1.

Shadowsbane
11-15-2004, 11:46 AM
please email me at shadowsbane@gmail.com

i am interested in how to get a vah shir character as a player character, as they are the ONLY reason that i came back to EQ in the first place.

tcsmyworld
11-15-2004, 08:21 PM

wize_one
11-16-2004, 03:12 AM
check your variables table and set expansions to 255.. that will turn on all races/classes

Slayden
11-16-2004, 03:36 AM
Kerrans > Vah Shir

Better music too =x

Snav
11-16-2004, 06:05 AM
kerrans and vah shir are both horrible creations... goddamn furries.

Slayden
11-16-2004, 10:23 AM
kerrans and vah shir are both horrible creations... goddamn furries.

Aight anti-kitty snoogler, you can atleast admit the Kerrans had better music =P

Snav
11-17-2004, 02:23 AM
As much as I hate to admit it, they did :P

Mongrel
11-17-2004, 03:10 AM
after many such attempts, i read the bottom box on the screen, it said "the vah shir were the no use token race that came with the useless patch luclin, they have been used only for target practise " or something to that effect, and it wont let me make a character with it.

Either you're trying to play on Winter's Roar (where the Vah Shir were disabled on purpose) or you patched via the WR patcher and are now trying to play on a different server (which won't work anyway with the WR files) using the WR text files.

The Vah Shir should be available on all "normal" servers.