PDA

View Full Version : out of date

Cwconrad78
11-17-2004, 12:43 PM
These directions are out of date. The eqhost number given is causing me to get a "time out" error

I currently all up to date with my eq directory (I made a copy of my original and then ran patch to live)...but when I type in this:

[LoginServer]
Host=newlogin1.eqemulator.net:5994

(which is exactly what was explained at the begenning of this thread)

I end up with this after I put in my user name and password

[LoginServer] ]
Host=newlogin1.eqemulator.net:5994

[LoginServer]
Host=xp-smitchell:7308

is anyone able to give me the eqhost info that will enable me to log into server select.

thanks

(and no deleting the eqmain.dll and repatching ...then changing back the eqhost info will not fix this problem)

Muuss
11-17-2004, 07:52 PM
try this : http://eqemu.vilvert.net/upload/EqEmuLauncher-0.1.exe
in Public login server mode. It should work (well, it was yesterday night, at least :p)

Cwconrad78
11-18-2004, 09:58 AM
I have not tried to upload this because I am currently at work but I went to the website that it came from and it mentions a Data Base Version: 6.0 Classic-Kunark...Wil I need to download this to enter the servers? I am under the impression that I do not and all I need to do is have the correct info in the EQhost file and a valid login/PW (which I was able to register and get a key) I am currently using EQwindows so it will not patch to live when start eq (because when i click eqgame.exe it says please run from everquest.exe and if I do this it will patch and change back my eqhost info) please help me if you can =). I really want to check this out. I play a 70 druid and 65 warrior on eqlive. So basically this is the only unfamiliar part for me is getting it set up so I can play...thanks

Muuss
11-18-2004, 08:37 PM
I guess you didn't really read the HOWTO files :)
well, you don't have to run everquest.exe, but eqgame.exe. With patchme as suffix:
c:\mypath\eqgame.exe patchme

And no, you don't need any database nor software, just modify eqhost.txt and run "eqgame patchme" from your everquest directory. That's what the software i linked you does, anyway :)