PDA

View Full Version : Winter's Roar help

tainer3k
11-18-2004, 12:41 PM
I just heard about the winter's roar and did all of the patches and sucessfully patched etc, then managed to connect to server and all.
Created a char and logged in, upon logging in i was yelled at about my account not being validated, and rooted, poisoned, then booted from server. I went to their site and the starter guide says that u need an eqemu account to play.

Which i have, however the sight contains no sign - up process or anything of the sort, saying in the guide that only an eqemu forum account and a login account are required.

I have been playing just fine on several of the other servers, leaving me rather perplexed as to how to correct this error.

any and all help is appreciated

-Tim

edit: - i would have posted on their forums , but they are currently down due to a phpBB error

Zisct1
11-18-2004, 02:20 PM
1. This has to be THE WORST Emu server i have played on.

2. In rules it says you must do something like /updateaccount (something of that nature) thats kind of your fault for not reading rules.

3. Play Scorp2k server =D Its WAY more fun and people are way nicer there.

mysticalninjajesus
11-18-2004, 02:37 PM
worst server lmao.. its basicly the only one worth playing. it completley rapes s2k.. type #doapproval when you log on.. it tells you that in the rules section.

tainer3k
11-18-2004, 02:56 PM
thnx, sry ... i must've glanced right past it... o well, i thank you

-Tim

Zisct1
11-18-2004, 03:07 PM
BooooOOooOoo WR < Scorp2k!!!

mrea
11-18-2004, 04:02 PM
WR and S2k are entirely different things. It's almost impossible to compare them. I love messing around on S2k but if I want to play with some friends and whatnot we go to WR.

Tree
11-18-2004, 06:20 PM
if i want to play sumtin more legit i play WR and if i wanna play around SK2 and if i want to suffer from anal bleeding and what not ill play servers like EMPIRE

mrea
11-19-2004, 01:38 AM
lol, true true tree

drozz
12-02-2004, 10:50 AM
Personally I fell in love with Winter's Roar the first time I logged on. But to each their own opinion.

-Drozz

Dave987
12-02-2004, 11:29 AM
i was yelled at about my account not being validated, and rooted, poisoned, then booted from server.

I'm pretty sure the ServerOP of Winters Roar would take this very seriously. Best bet is to either email the ServerOP, or post on WR Forums with the name of the GM who did this. Action would probably be taken, as the GM should have simply asked you delete character, and make a new one.

I've personally only been on WR for a matter of minutes. I didn't like how everyone was so ubah they were too ubah to talk in /ooc (about 24 online at that time, was around 5.4 ?) Might have just been a bad experience, but not played since.

:/