PDA

View Full Version : Guards not defending pc's

watcher001
11-19-2004, 05:03 AM
From what I can see my factions are working and mobs are aggroing within range. But the guards will not assist a pc when they are fighting in range. Example is scruffy walking right up between the guards and attacking me. The guards don't help at any level. My fac is maxed for qey guards and I can't see any related error on the zone.exe or world.exe (though doors aren't imped on my server cause I hate them and it's for lan). Is there something missing to be sourced to my db? I'm using precompiles winserver 6.0 no perl (perl never worked correctly and was messing up my zone.exe regardless of how many times it tols me scalor was installed) Plz help

watcher001
11-19-2004, 07:26 AM
I finally got perl working but if anyone knows a non faction editing way to get the guards to do their jobs I would appreciate it.

BTW I got perl working by completely uninstalling delting the dir and reinstalling with reboots after each process. After 5 days of trying it seems to work so keep trying guys with scalar probs. btw my server is purely lan which I also want to thank eqemu for. I always wanted this ever since I first played EQ. I sunk over a thousand bucks into EQ and never enjoyed it more than now. Thanks!

tainer3k
11-22-2004, 11:22 AM
i know this post has been here awhile ... but i am having the same problem ... i researched it and discovered that you needed the .map file for the zone in order for this to work, and that it needed to be stored in c:\eqemu\zones

i was testing this with a non-GM account in gfaydark and loaded tha .map file ... only to find, to my dismay, that whilst the mobs were now happily jumping me in a contest for my skull, the guards were still off in dreamland.

Is there a fix for this? or did i just do something wrong?

Any and all help is appreciated

-Tim