PDA

View Full Version : Database Editing

shanxi
11-20-2004, 05:40 PM
I am using the EQAdmin, and trying to update a few things in my database, which was my original intention for making the server in the first place, test out some small changes. What I would like to do is for one, make the mobs actually run around and kill stuff they dont like, (give them an agro radius of 50 or something since my database shows [thru eqadmin] that every last one of my npc's are set to 0 aggro_radius.)

I would also like to edit a few items, add items, add mobs, blah blah, basically make a custom package for future integration on a workable server, after testing them out on mine.

Only problem is the damn thing doesnt want to save my progress for nothing. I was looking at the tables, and the sql programming is rather confusing for me, (but looks like im going to have to learn it regardless hehe)

I open up EQAdmin and im greeted with:

Could not locate all item icons. Go to the Preferences screen and make sure your EQ directory has been set.

so im all like, cool, lets go set that sucker, >preferences and set the eq directory to c:\program files\sony\everquest, and the maps directory to c:\eqemu\maps.

I get:

Exception: tblNPCTypes: Field 'name' not found

The admin tool wasn't able to commect to database "eq" at host localhost.
Please go to the preferences dialog and set the username, password, database, and host values. <click ok>

Anyway, just wondering how I can edit my database and be able to save my changes. =/

mattmeck
11-20-2004, 05:44 PM
MySQL Control Center is a good tool