PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a world data base.

Lestat43
11-21-2004, 04:04 AM
What world data base should I use with EQ version=6-6-2003 1200 or does it matter?

Cisyouc
11-21-2004, 05:00 AM
If you want to setup your own server go here for db info: http://www.eqemulator.net/databases.php

To play on a different server, it requres very little setup. Go here: http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17658

Lestat43
11-21-2004, 05:24 AM
I know in general how to set it up bud, but the copy of EQ I want to do it with isn't the current patched live version. It's the one I listed above which is slightly older. That's why I asked what I did because I wasn't sure if there would be a compatibility issue using the current data bases and wanted to know if anyone had an idea what data bases were being used at that time and possibly had a link to them.

Xorith
11-21-2004, 07:41 AM
You're not making much sense.

The database has nothing to do with your client. It has a lot to do with the server and what you want in your server.

Dvinn
11-21-2004, 11:24 AM
He's asking because each new version of EQEmu tends to make changes to the databases (i.e. new or modified tables and fields).

Personally, I'd say that you could likely take a current database and by cross-referencing with the changelog file included with the emulator, you could likely modify said database to make it functional with an older EQEmu version.

The trickiest part would be finding the correct EQEmu version, I would think.

Lestat43
11-25-2004, 10:24 PM
Right, I been checking the site out and alot has changed since I last did this. Some of the links aren't any good anymore on the site and so far I have only found one version of the EMU. I am not even sure what to download anymore it's been so long since I set one of these up myself.

Lurker_005
11-30-2004, 10:07 PM
You need to start by figuring out what version of EQEmu worked with the client that had that date. Then find the database version that worked with that version of EQEmu. Or convert a current database to that format... not always easy.