PDA

View Full Version : Item DB edit error

tainer3k
11-25-2004, 05:50 PM
hey ... i have been searching in the forums and cannot seem to find anything which will fix the problem i am having creating custom items.

First things first ... i emptied the starting_item and items tables so that i could re-make them custom from scratch. Using Mangoo's 5.x item editor i create the dif starting items i wish to have ... however at this point i find myself facing two problems...

1) when i use the 'Save to DB' option ... it simply doesn't change the DB ... the closest fix that i have found to this is saving the changes into an SQL file and sourcing it ... however it seems to save the SQL file with one less collumn than the actual table has, the only way i've found to fix it is to add a blank insertion into the SQL file amidst the different column values ...

2) when i log into the game there is only a blank slot in place of the item .... i did select an icon and i made sure that the char i created met the dif requirements on the start_items table and made sure that the item id's matched as well ...

At this point i am more or less stumped ... gonna take a break and play HALO 2 for a bit ....... will check back later ... any and all help appreciated

-Any and all help appreciated
Tim

Doodman
11-26-2004, 12:54 AM
It is probably because the item table has changed and the editor has not been updated yet.

Echoes
11-26-2004, 05:48 AM
Is there a past database that works with item editor? :?