PDA

View Full Version : FirstLogin Repeat Error.

Chilla
12-01-2004, 11:21 AM
Okay, with problem after problem of trying to set this server up. I have managed to get it up and running with one incy wincy problem... the problem being that I CAN'T LOG IN! LoL

Basically, I have seen others connect to the server but am having problems connecting to it myself.

Everything is running on one PC (Client, Database, World, Zone) and it brings up this error message:

1978926 New client from ip: 172.16.xxx.xxx port: 2872
Logged in: FirstLogin LS#65140: optixfm
Client disconnected

I am behind a router and have setup a dns forwarding address to go to my external IP and followed the post by Doodman about the DNS 'fix'. I've looked all over and haven't seen this error show up before. I've also forwarded all the ports that are used by EQEMu's files on my router. I use a Speedtouch 510 router, for reference.

Appreciate any help whatsoever, finally get it working and then I hit another wall... hehe. I'll get there.

Thanks for your time.

Chilla - aka Wiski
chilla@optixfm.net

Chilla
12-01-2004, 11:11 PM
WooHoo! :D I got it working, finally.. After 3 days :P

Anyways, I thought I would explain what the problem was. I can't believe I overlooked it to be honest, it's not that big-a-problem, easily solvable. :oops:

The problem lay within the hosts file. I had put the hosts file to my external IP not my internal server IP.

And, that was it. Spotted the problem last night, changed it and was in first attempt.

Forest of Dreams roleplaying server is now live, should be interesting.

Going to start working on getting quests added as soon as I can.

Good luck to everyone else setting up a server :)

Chilla - aka Wiski
chilla@optixfm.net