PDA

View Full Version : Time to go...............

tcsmyworld
12-01-2004, 08:41 PM
Well, it's been fun....
But since it seems that Eqemu is now under the rule of Melwin, backed up by Wiz, the community has no chance of survival.

My suggestion is that everyone just quit now and join WR, since that's what they seem to be pushing for.

I don't know if the project will continue without me, but if any of the team members decides to continue, good luck, you're gonna need it around here.

Muuss
12-01-2004, 09:26 PM
You have no rights to stop now. 2 or 3 people's voices or actings means nothing against your input to the project.
Whatever you'll do in the future, please receive my thanks for what you yet did in the past.

mattmeck
12-01-2004, 10:51 PM
I see a LOT of Melwin bashing, so much so that the people in all honesty should be banned, but the fact of the matter is not one person got banned or even a warning no matter what they sayd, did, or made drawlings of, some of which pissed me off because this use to be a work friendly place till these Melwin bashers started in.

Melwin may not be the greatest person in the world, but some of your worldbuilding people have shown a maturity level i would take a belt to my kid for showing. Basicaly you can do what you want, say what you want, and the second someone dose it back to you you run and complain.

If people should get Banned for flaiming you, they you should be banned for flaiming Melwin. and that is what these forums lack, consistancy. Certain people get away with whatever they want wile others get banned for sneezing.

Someone needs to enforce the rules on these forums, even the developers and world builders should be help accountable. Till this happens we will continue to see this happen over and over again, like it has been since i have been here.

I am sorry you are deciding to leave, but leaving because someone didnt get banned for flaiming you wile at the same time you flaim other is just pathetic.

KhaN
12-02-2004, 12:54 AM
Whoever here is right (Wiz Crew or PEQ Team) is not really the problem, because if PEQ project stop, EQEmu will be as usefull as a car without fuel.

Now, honestly, if PEQ stop because 2 threads were made saying "OMGZ PEQ IS THE SUX" and wasnt deleted by Melwin, i would say just create 2 threads about how WR is lame and you will all be egal.

Spike
12-02-2004, 01:03 AM
:? Just make me admin i'll clean up the forums...

Boot Melwin out, make me admin... it sounds good to me :)

I know alot about phpbb forums from being banned then learning my lesson, thx to Mattmeck...

Give me a chance at it and i'll do my best.

Muuss
12-02-2004, 01:22 AM
BTW, being able to make people leave is a form of power. Leaving is recognizing that power. Staying and ignoring it is a proof of strength.

Wiz
12-02-2004, 03:03 AM
I'm not even sure what this conflict is about, personally. Melwin isn't even around, as he's on vacation, and suddenly PEQ flips out. I removed the post since it made a whole ton of unfound accusations, if you want to provide a post with your parting that isn't full of drama, please do so.

The reason *I* allowed those PEQ-bashing posts was because I wasn't paying too much attention to the boards, and while I read them they still had a valid tone. I would allow someone (and has) to "bash" WR using a civil tone too.

So again, I don't know what the drama is all about.

Wiz
12-02-2004, 03:04 AM
Whoever here is right (Wiz Crew or PEQ Team) is not really the problem, because if PEQ project stop, EQEmu will be as usefull as a car without fuel.

Now, honestly, if PEQ stop because 2 threads were made saying "OMGZ PEQ IS THE SUX" and wasnt deleted by Melwin, i would say just create 2 threads about how WR is lame and you will all be egal.

Go ahead. I'm not gonna delete them. There's been "WR sucks" threads in the past.

Seriously, critique is NOT against the board rules. The threads didn't turn into outright flaming for quite some time (and it certainly wasn't only from mysticalninjajesuswhoever), at which point they were moved to Drama Central.

And again, Melwin is away. He couldn't possibly have done anything about those threads.

What's the issue here?

sotonin
12-02-2004, 03:04 AM
Leaving to teach a lesson as well a sign of power. Frankly i think most of us have had it and are now saying, "have fun doing it yourself".

Wiz
12-02-2004, 03:07 AM
Leaving to teach a lesson as well a sign of power. Frankly i think most of us have had it and are now saying, "have fun doing it yourself".

I keep thinking there has to be more to this, because a bunch of people can't possibly engage in drama on this scope as result of two threads by mysticalninjajesus of all people.

So what's the scoop?

wize_one
12-02-2004, 04:31 AM
1) bbum (the first account) ran arround here bashing people and the PEQ team . some admin had enough and banned that account.

2) gayfag (account #2) same shit. someone finally banned him

3) mysticalninjajesus (account #3) same shit but yet noone has touched his ass this time.

there is only so much shit you can take when you pour hundreds of man hours into something that you do for free that gets trashed on put down and all that stuff.

as far as the melwin shit, he's been being an asshat for a while, and basiclly the final straw was when it was brought up about bbum (et all) was the same moron that had been banned before and should be banned again, melwin took it upon himself to change the poll(the same kind the devs used to get input about banning kyle9).

anyways, take care TCS maybe our paths will cross again in the future.

p.s.
as far as the PEQ team-database i have no clue where it's going or whats gonna happen with it.

Wiz
12-02-2004, 04:54 AM
1) bbum (the first account) ran arround here bashing people and the PEQ team . some admin had enough and banned that account.

2) gayfag (account #2) same shit. someone finally banned him

3) mysticalninjajesus (account #3) same shit but yet noone has touched his ass this time.

there is only so much shit you can take when you pour hundreds of man hours into something that you do for free that gets trashed on put down and all that stuff.

as far as the melwin shit, he's been being an asshat for a while, and basiclly the final straw was when it was brought up about bbum (et all) was the same moron that had been banned before and should be banned again, melwin took it upon himself to change the poll(the same kind the devs used to get input about banning kyle9).

anyways, take care TCS maybe our paths will cross again in the future.

p.s.
as far as the PEQ team-database i have no clue where it's going or whats gonna happen with it.

Ah. I'm really not into this story, but in all seriousness, why don't you just brush him off? I've had plenty of people like him who keep bashing me and WR, but I don't give them the power to affect me.

tcsmyworld
12-02-2004, 05:30 AM
You are real well informed , huh Wiz.

I'm not even sure what this conflict is about, personally. Melwin isn't even around, as he's on vacation, and suddenly PEQ flips out. I removed the post since it made a whole ton of unfound accusations, if you want to provide a post with your parting that isn't full of drama, please do so.

And again, Melwin is away. He couldn't possibly have done anything about those threads.

If Melwin isn't doing the shit then it must be YOU using his account.

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18716&sid=55b90f1a8d9a6180a3721c2c fe29c58d

Notice the date of Melwins post, funny how someone that's not even here can not only post, but lock it also.

Nice try Wiz, you and your Butt Buddy Melwin can have the whole mess.

I have no respect for you, coming in here and deleting post when you don't even have a clue what's been going on.

And what exactly have YOU done for Eqemu in the last year??
Oh yea, that's right, hoard all your fixes to the emu under the excuse that it was SOOO different that Eqemu couldn't use it, that is until FNW came along recently and somehow talked you into letting him see if HE could get some of the fixes converted.

I see that as more of a contribution from FNW than you, since YOU could have been adding them ALL ALONG, and actually CONTRIBUTING to the community.

The only time YOU are even seen on these forums is when someone mentions your Butt Buddy Melwin in a derogatory or inflamatory way.

Keep it up Wiz, you'll soon have your way, and there will be nobody left here but you and Melwin, and with the contributions the 2 of you have made in the past year that = Eqemu Dead.

Wiz
12-02-2004, 05:44 AM
You are real well informed , huh Wiz.

If Melwin isn't doing the shit then it must be YOU using his account.

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18716&sid=55b90f1a8d9a6180a3721c2c fe29c58d

Notice the date of Melwins post, funny how someone that's not even here can not only post, but lock it also.

Nice try Wiz, you and your Butt Buddy Melwin can have the whole mess.

I have no respect for you, coming in here and deleting post when you don't even have a clue what's been going on.

And what exactly have YOU done for Eqemu in the last year??
Oh yea, that's right, hoard all your fixes to the emu under the excuse that it was SOOO different that Eqemu couldn't use it, that is until FNW came along recently and somehow talked you into letting him see if HE could get some of the fixes converted.

I see that as more of a contribution from FNW than you, since YOU could have been adding them ALL ALONG, and actually CONTRIBUTING to the community.

The only time YOU are even seen on these forums is when someone mentions your Butt Buddy Melwin in a derogatory or inflamatory way.

Keep it up Wiz, you'll soon have your way, and there will be nobody left here but you and Melwin, and with the contributions the 2 of you have made in the past year that = Eqemu Dead.

Yikes, a little bitter, are we?

Apparently Melwin did chime in. I know he is on vacation, didn't know he'd been hanging around here as well.

I'm not really gonna reply to your loltastic "What have you done". Your egotrip is fabulously dramatic, so I'll let you have it in peace.

I deleted your post because of the same fabulous drama, btw. Oh wait, no, it was because of my SEDULOUS plan to drive everyone away. It sure was a good thing FNW managed to threaten me into sharing my source. And you talk about ill-informed.

Why don't you ask FNW about that, really?

sotonin
12-02-2004, 05:45 AM
Ah. I'm really not into this story, but in all seriousness, why don't you just brush him off? I've had plenty of people like him who keep bashing me and WR, but I don't give them the power to affect me.

sure that response works for a while, but eventually it's gone to far to just "brush off" as you put it. Melwin has lost his cool points with everybody except the WR crew. it's time to put him down. the poll speaks for itself. until of course he locks that one also

sotonin
12-02-2004, 05:47 AM
FNW came along recently and somehow talked you into letting him see if HE could get some of the fixes converted

It sure was a good thing FNW managed to threaten me into sharing my source.

I don't see him mentioning threatening at all.. now you are fabricating things to make us look bad?

Wiz
12-02-2004, 05:48 AM
FNW came along recently and somehow talked you into letting him see if HE could get some of the fixes converted

It sure was a good thing FNW managed to threaten me into sharing my source.

I don't see him mentioning threatening at all.. now you are fabricating things to make us look bad?

It was hyperbole in response to the vivid imaginations of tcsmyworld. FNW did not talk me into anything, I shared my source with the other devs and after looking at it, FNW decided to integrate it.

Look. I really don't care that much about this topic. If you people want to grandstand, you can grandstand. If you want Melwin gone, talk to LE. I'm not gonna defend him if he's been acting dumb, but this all seems to be a clear case of making FABULOUS DRAMA out of nothing much at all to me.

As a byline, TCS, if you're gonna start a post by accusing someone of being ill-informed, it probably shouldn't contain a rack of easily disproven lies after that. It makes you look dumb.

RangerDown
12-02-2004, 06:55 AM
I'm as fed up as any of the PEQ team members with all this, and will (reluctantly :() support a decision to leave if they feel it's the step they want to take. I just ask that my fellow PEQ members please stay civil on this board. If we're going to end this project, then let us do so in a way that lets everyone (who counts) appreciate the hundreds of hours of work we've done on it. Let's not stoop to the level that those who made us leave are at.

To the moderators of this board, you have failed to moderate it in the professional manner that any forum's users deserve. Because of this, you lost respect. I'll lay out some places where you dropped the ball, as I have a shred of hope inside of me that you’re capable of learning from your mistakes and making sure a big segment of the EQEMu community isn’t lost again:

Allowing a known ban evader to remain on the boards.
MNJ is BBum 3.0, who had previously received strikes and bans on his last 2 accounts. His 3.0 account automatically inherits his previous strikes, which I believe far exceed 3. He was allowed to remain and do his thing. And the thing he did was cause irreparable damage to the community.

Allowing blatant flame baiting to go unchecked
On most boards, flame baiting is against TOS. If it's not on this one, it should be. Flame/troll baiting is posting a response that the poster KNOWS doesn't offer any positive contributing to the thread, but instead is very likely – in fact, the poster usually hopes it happens -- to elicit flaming and bashing, and in general turn the thread uncivil. In most boards that mod in a professional manner, the baiting post is modded BEFORE it has a chance to spread its damage, or the thread is locked if it went too far unchecked.

Flame baiting is NOT criticizing. The PEQ team can handle it like anybody else. And a few of MNJ’s criticisms are legitimate. Not legit in that we agree with him, but legit in that those criticisms/complaints are fine to voice. Others, however, offer no contribution to the thread and were intended to draw flames.
“PEQ Server Sux”
“nothing you just said goes against my point, which is, peq server is lame. so theres really nothing i care to argue with you about lol”
“dont be mad cause i let you know you wasted 300 dollars to keep a shitty server up. unlike some people i wont not let you know your server blows out of respect.”
These don’t contribute a damn thing to the thread and are meant to turn the thread uncivil. As were those bogus support postings from Stray* that specifically addressed Sotonin. When the mods don’t clamp down on a baiter – and even SUPPORT the baiter by trying to mod the flame responses – they encourage more of the same.

In this case, the PEQ team was the victim of the flame baiting. So we’re up and outty. Some other bozo might come along next month and do this to somebody else. If this same shit was talked about Daeken and his OpenEQ project, and not kept in check like it wasn’t for us, I’m sure he’d pack his stuff up and say Screw This, much like we did. Same with any specific server, or any developers. THIS IS WHY FLAME BAITS ARE STOPPED AS SOON AS THEY START… at least on professionally-modded boards they are.

Disagreement by modding
The ninja-edit of Wize_one’s poll topic is a terrific example of this. Mod actions are to be reserved for correcting TOS violations – and that’s it! You are free to believe that the poll is stupid – if you do, you post it in a post like everybody else does. If you felt the poll didn’t belong as in it was a TOS violation, then you lock it THEN AND THERE. You don’t go doing trolling of your own, and then lock it only when the trolling blows up in your face.

You also don’t post on a locked thread, except to make a note of why the thread was locked or something of that nature. You don’t ever, ever, EVER, try to get the last word in by posting a non-mod response on a locked thread.

Celestial
12-02-2004, 07:43 AM
Very well said RangerDown. Sorry to see you go TCS, i really think you would of outlasted me if i was in the same situation. It's all a matter of how far can it go... unfortunately, this has gone too far.

I think i speak for the player base of PEQ when i say your work (and PEQ team) has been very much appreciated. I for one have seen all the effort that was put into creating such a nice DB.

Memener
12-02-2004, 07:44 AM
I am really not on any more but i have seen alot of BS going on the forums.I think Melwin needs to be removed from power. He have his little group of buddys that can do what-ever they want and get in no trubble. I bet if i made a post about WR servers and all there hard work sucks. I'll get banned and my post will get deleted no qestions asked. But sence it isnt WR no one cares.

I really hate to see you go tcs :(
But it has been fun.
I'll still work on the project but not in the public.

Spike
12-02-2004, 07:45 AM
Guys wanna know a quick fix for all these problems that EQEMu has been having lately... it's simple.

1) Remove Melwin from power (whether he is on vacation or not)
2) Ban BBUM by IP address and delete his new account
3) Don't even think twice about these options, do them, Image and DevNooB would have done the same, and I respect them for that, that's why I came back here appologized and corrected myself for the community.

Do these things and all of EQEMu's problems will go away.

Wiz
12-02-2004, 07:49 AM
I am really not on any more but i have seen alot of BS going on the forums.I think Melwin needs to be removed from power. He have his little group of buddys that can do what-ever they want and get in no trubble. I bet if i made a post about WR servers and all there hard work sucks. I'll get banned and my post will get deleted no qestions asked. But sence it isnt WR no one cares.

I really hate to see you go tcs :(
But it has been fun.
I'll still work on the project but not in the public.

That's quite a strawman. There has been "WR sucks" posts in the past. Feel free to make one.

Tree
12-02-2004, 08:48 AM
i do agree all these melwin haters have been overdoing it and not thinking of it logically, honestly i can't say anything that melwin has done bad, but i really havent seen anything that the melwin bashers have either, except for the flaming. So i don't know what to say. All i can say is that im getting fed up, and since my "this thread sucks" pic will just get deleted anyways ill just say ... This thread sucks....

Scorpx725
12-02-2004, 09:57 AM
*shrug* The drawings post wasnt even intended as a start a flame at Melwin thing. After everyone started doing it, it was interesting. Some funny, some retarded.

Honestly, the fix is fairly simple

Rid Melwin, rid bbum. Things have been going down hill and havent stopped, they just make it worse.

a_Guest03
12-02-2004, 10:04 AM
:(

PEQ team: Good luck with what you decide to do.

dnevill
12-02-2004, 10:30 AM
Maybe I'm missing something...I often do when there's drama. I don't understand why you are bothered so much by flaming on the forums, but not everyone reacts the same as I, so I'll just accept the fact that it does bother you. I'm not going to comment on the right or wrong way to run a forum, because frankly I don't give a damn about the forums.

Why do you? I use EQEmu every day (to connect to the PEQ Kunark-Velious test server, by the way) and the only time I've even touched the forums was to read on how to setup EQ to connect to EQEmu. I read Penny-Arcade all the time, never even visited their forums. I'll be you there's a load of fucktards in those forums who would aggrevate the hell out of me. And I'm sure my employer runs a forum somewhere, but hell if I know where it is, let alone even care about it.

It seems every freaking site on the net has their own forums, and I just don't see why people think they are necessary or integral to the operation of the site. News? Yeah. We can use news, though that could just as well be posted on the front page. Tutorials? Help? Of course! But I don't think those goals require a gigantic forum with a huge "General Discussion" section for that. Just put up a Client Help, Server Help, Bug Report, Feature Request, and News section. (Okay, so I lied, I did talk a *little* bit about running forums, but mainly just to say...don't run them, just include small, specific forums for on those tasks critical to the site)

Without EQEmu, I don't see any purpose to collecting up-to-date Live databases Without databases, EQEmu servers aren't really EQEmu, they're just Generic MMORPG servers on the EQ engine. Until now I didn't even realize that PEQ and EQEmu were separate entities, as their goals seemed to me to be the same, and their functions are so intertwined. Why let something as stupid as forums get in the way?

sianyde
12-02-2004, 01:26 PM
I see that the PEQ server on which I was playing is no longer in the login screen. Should those of us who have characters on the server wait this out or create new ones elsewhere?

Spike
12-02-2004, 01:37 PM
ooo might not wanna count on it bud... might wanna go lookin for another server...

ur feelings right now = :cry:

mattmeck
12-02-2004, 02:03 PM
Lets count this overwith, no more flaiming, bashing, or down right meanness...Cant we all just get along?

Spike
12-02-2004, 02:34 PM
Glad your the new admin Mattmeck do a good job :)

RangerDown
12-02-2004, 03:22 PM
Fathernitwit has procured a server that we started setting up at the beginning of this week. Even without all the recent drama, our plan was to get PEQTGC moved from its temporary setup in TCS's home office, to this dedicated server. This is still the plan -- Fathernitwit will be hosting PEQTGC and we'll be tweaking the database to get a good Velious release. PEQServer may have been shut down at TCS's home PC's already, but the database is being transferred to the dedicated server as this message is being written.

Since we're short on personnel resources, I will not give any ETA on a public Velious database release. It'll most definitely be awhile. But PEQTGC is not going away.

dark_one
12-04-2004, 11:08 AM
am i having deja vu?

same situation coupld months ago (image devn00b deal...) everyone wanted melwin gone, and wiz steps in and defends him....

melwin stays...

lets end it here before it repeats again..

:roll:

Cisyouc
12-04-2004, 11:48 AM
Woah.. Actually you're right darkone..

(Wow thats 3 words I never thought I'd be typing)

mattmeck
12-05-2004, 05:50 PM
Locking this due to needing to delete posts that add nothing to this thread other then trying to inflaim people.