PDA

View Full Version : Best fight you had in EQ with a NPC.

sdabbs65
12-07-2004, 02:05 AM
Right we have a NPC called death "IN ARENA"that is ultra hard to kill and rather boring because you useally die within one hit from him.
Im looking for some Ideas on NPC's to place, maybe in the Arena,
or several Arena's thu-out the world to have players kill for loot or as a group effort.
I was wondering what was the best Monster fight you had on eq soloing and the best fight with a group.
and what loot do you think is urber kewl besides the EPIC's.
If you have the id # that would save me some trouble thanks in advance.

KhaN
12-07-2004, 03:30 AM
Best Monster : Pre Luclin Vulakk'er
best Group Fight : The battle of the Nektulous Woods during EQBeta.

sdabbs65
12-07-2004, 06:24 AM
Anyone have the NPCID for Quarm?
Im not able to find his is in my databse.
I think most of his special abilitys are not implemented yet also.

Cisyouc
12-08-2004, 02:12 AM
In -what- database?

sdabbs65
12-08-2004, 04:54 AM
In -what- database?

guess he is not in any known database that explains it ...
hmm I will work on building him from scratch .

knightz
12-09-2004, 04:43 AM
Pre-nerfed emp of ssra, the one that had 2 DTs. One was every minute, other every 30 seconds. (something like that) The one only 4 guilds were able to kill accross all servers (FoH,AL,Magister,Triton). Was the turning point as far as game content going down hill >IMO<.

Scorpx725
12-09-2004, 12:02 PM
Zerging the hell out of Maestro, Inny, all those fun funs in EQClassic.

Then after that... hm... Quarm? I dont know.. I liked anything that hard a zerging of adds, and required you to use a strat.

Or anything that wasnt Luclin was nice... lol1bazillion hp mobs.

Darkenbane
12-09-2004, 12:08 PM
I was actually rather fond of Cazic-Thule and the Avatar of War. Both extremely fun mobs.. I had an interesting experience with the AoW once. I joined 3 guilds in his killing, they got him down to 0% and ALL died.

I threw on my Weighted Axe, turned on my riposte discpiline, and ran up to him, he killed himself trying to hit me, I got the solo exp, looted that kickass ring, and the helmet, left the barbarian skin legs, and took off.. nobody ever knew it was me. :D

jimbox114
12-09-2004, 02:49 PM
On EQ live back in the old days I managed to solo the diseased shark for the Armor of Ro quest. I was level 45 and people swore it was impossible for a tank/melee to solo that shark. I had to use my lay of hands, but I was able to take it 3 times in a row to get my 2 items for the quest.

I don't remember how long ago it was, but it was a long time ago since I was actually doing the Armor of Ro quests to upgrade my armor. I remember my sword was the powerful runic carver heh.

Scorpx725
12-10-2004, 07:24 AM
I threw on my Weighted Axe, turned on my riposte discpiline, and ran up to him, he killed himself trying to hit me,

Genius! :?

I got the solo exp,

Too bad it wasnt much more then 1 or 2%, eh?

looted that kickass ring,

Your a ninja

and the helmet,

looting asshat.

left the barbarian skin legs,

Why not finish the job...

relorm500
12-10-2004, 10:32 AM
I would say best fight was.....

EQclassic: Lord Nagafen/Lady Vox

JohnMcguirk
12-11-2004, 06:29 PM
I was actually rather fond of Cazic-Thule and the Avatar of War. Both extremely fun mobs.. I had an interesting experience with the AoW once. I joined 3 guilds in his killing, they got him down to 0% and ALL died.

I threw on my Weighted Axe, turned on my riposte discpiline, and ran up to him, he killed himself trying to hit me, I got the solo exp, looted that kickass ring, and the helmet, left the barbarian skin legs, and took off.. nobody ever knew it was me. :D

lmao. and that was back before there was a max xp cap from a single kill. i hate how red cons give same xp as yellow cons now.. but with the way gear is on live i guess powerleveling would get pretty out of hand.

Ueguvil
12-18-2004, 04:38 PM
A moss snake. My guild all had patchwork+ and we still died! :(

Wiz
12-19-2004, 02:12 AM

Congrats on breaking the rules and screwing over a whole bunch of people.

We're all proud of you.

yoman258
12-19-2004, 05:09 AM
Pre-nerfed emp of ssra, the one that had 2 DTs. One was every minute, other every 30 seconds. (something like that) The one only 4 guilds were able to kill accross all servers (FoH,AL,Magister,Triton). Was the turning point as far as game content going down hill >IMO<. your guilds you say only ones to take down, arent true im sure. AO and Fu on Bristlebane took em down. AO is one of the best guilds in game if not the best. Furthest in game also. when GoD came out they were the first to get through it with Club Fu right behind em.

Verse7
12-23-2004, 08:27 AM
your guilds you say only ones to take down, arent true im sure. AO and Fu on Bristlebane took em down. AO is one of the best guilds in game if not the best. Furthest in game also. when GoD came out they were the first to get through it with Club Fu right behind em.

Lol and?

Triton was the first guild to kill it and that's all we need to know. Google it.

For Starters:
http://forums.thesafehouse.org/viewtopic.php?t=6388

sasaluge
12-26-2004, 02:07 AM

We're all proud of you.

look at his user name... 'darkenbane' ... they are like that, and since his name is that and i know darkenbane well, he is prob lying about this

darkenbane was a bunch of noobs who got chased off rallos zek 4 years ago, cause they sucked at pvp

Wiz
12-26-2004, 03:36 AM

We're all proud of you.

look at his user name... 'darkenbane' ... they are like that, and since his name is that and i know darkenbane well, he is prob lying about this

darkenbane was a bunch of noobs who got chased off rallos zek 4 years ago, cause they sucked at pvp

I've always thought PVP-server players were quite hilarious. Like a hobos-only club sitting and talking about how "all those fags in houses"* aren't tough enough to live on the street instead.

*Analogy for "bluebies" if you didn't get it.

karaluven
12-26-2004, 05:39 AM
id have to say phinny with only 1 and a half groups post kunark pre velious

eq_addict_08
12-26-2004, 04:29 PM
Best kills.. Raster of Guk after 30 hour camp =( First Frenzy kill that landed me my first haste, and first Chancelor Dizac solo in LoIO ended up dieing after due to a DoT, but still looted my key part. Shackle of Tyn quest fights were cool too, but not as tough. I was little higher level.

Shamanistik08
05-03-2011, 07:45 PM
id have to say phinny with only 1 and a half groups post kunark pre velious

Post Kunark and Pre Velious?? you mean during the patch?? lol..

For me the best fights were in old Veeshan Peak.. Not allowed to gate out, trash repoping every 30 secs and 5 strong dragons, really fun.
I also loved Venril and Trakanon, Emperor Ssra, and I remember an epic fight against Tunat Muram.

Burningsoul
05-03-2011, 08:30 PM
Man oh man, another epic necro post. If you didn't realize how old this thread is, hats off to you sir.

Secrets
05-03-2011, 08:41 PM