PDA

View Full Version : [newb] Where do I start?

PlaneGuy
05-08-2002, 07:00 AM
Welp, I've decided to try my hand at playing with eqemu. My C++'s kind of rusty, but it'll come back in time (right? :( ).

My main question is where to start? Are there any docs in regards to the source code? I have to admit I'm not quite sure how it all fits together (the code, that is).

Just for starters, I'd like to make an NPC that does something special. This eventually ties into my master plan, but right now I just want to do something to get into the swing of things. I was thinking... a wood elf hottie that dances when you get within a certain distance. Yes, dancing hotties tie in to my master plan.

Am I even in the right forum? Maybe it's a world builder thing, I dunno. The dancing hottie will do much more important things, on top of dancing, which is why I though it'd have to be in code, but you guys know the deal.

Any help would be appreciated! :D

PG

Trumpcard
05-08-2002, 07:29 AM
Well, you question falls into 2 or 3 different catagories, but you shouldnt post this to development..

In a nutshell.. Download the eqemu files off sourceforge, install it (it comes with a detailed readme, read it, ask questions if you have them)

There are no docs for the source code. The code is commented.. Im sure the dev team has something of an overall code layout diagram, but they dont share it that i know of..