PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question (first post)

Zanderhaut
12-12-2004, 11:23 PM
Ok, so I've had a good look around the forum. I've taken a look at the wealth of files on SF. (And sat back in awe). But I still have a question which I hope isn't to menial or obvious.

I havn't played EQ for such a long time. In fact, the last time I played was when Ruins of Kunark was the latest addon. So I have the install CD with Ruins of Kunark on it also.

If I wish to get a server up and running, do I need to get hold of all the more recent addons in order to play on said server?

Basically, a few friends and I wish to relive the old days we had but without spending any money.

Answers on the back of a stamped, self-addressed postcard...

Thankyou in advance for you help.

N.B. (I wanted to avoid posting in the support forum, as this isn't really a request for support.. just a query. The support will come later when we try and get this all running) :)

JohnMcguirk
12-13-2004, 05:04 AM
*mindless trolling removed by a_Guest03*

Celestial
12-13-2004, 08:12 AM
its closer to old school gameplay than any other servers atm

How is it closer to old school gameplay? And have you considered PEQ TGC which i think IS closer to old school? Just an opinion, but really, how is a totally custom server closer to old school?

Zanderhaut, if you do get your files together and everything compatible with current servers you could possibly give PEQ The Grand Creation a shot, it has the closest databases of monters spawns and loot tables to live. As far as reliving the old experience, its going to be tough with the new interface and models (which you can turn off in options)... but then again its still very enjoyable.

Spike
12-13-2004, 08:16 AM
If I wish to get a server up and running, do I need to get hold of all the more recent addons in order to play on said server?

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14766

JohnMcguirk
12-13-2004, 10:56 AM
*more agitation removed by a_Guest03*

Scorpx725
12-14-2004, 07:32 AM
i am aware of peqtgc and stand by what i said.

Your truely out there.

PEQTGC is live like zones, mobs, etc.

WR is the best custom server around, period. But PEQTGC is the closest to old EQ live.

sotonin
12-14-2004, 08:26 AM
For everybody's posting enjoyment. JohnMcguirk is Bbum / Mysticalninjajesus.

So take what he says with a grain of salt from the start. Same posting ips as all his other alias'

Cisyouc
12-14-2004, 08:28 AM
For everybody's posting enjoyment. JohnMcguirk is Bbum / Mysticalninjajesus.

So take what he says with a grain of salt from the start. Same posting ips as all his other alias'*marks another tally*

a_Guest03
12-14-2004, 08:42 AM
I'll see to it that mattmeck lays the banstick on him. Sorry for the trouble guys!

Good eye, by the way - spotting that miscreant.

Celestial
12-14-2004, 09:16 AM
I got trolled -_-

Scorpx725
12-14-2004, 03:18 PM
IP ban him...

a_Guest03
12-14-2004, 05:52 PM
Would be easy if he didn't have 20 IPs.

JohnMcguirk
12-14-2004, 08:29 PM
i dont see what the problem is, i think wr is a much better replica of the old school eq experience. is my opinion breaking the rules or something? he asked where his friends can relive the old days, i told him where i think he could do so best.

mattmeck
12-14-2004, 08:44 PM
you joined right after a known troll got banned and have the same IP block as him, so people are testy cause we all think your him.

Wiz
12-14-2004, 09:01 PM
Here we see the problems with PEQ-team style vigilantism, and why banning should not be done by popular consent.

mattmeck
12-14-2004, 09:11 PM
Here we see the problems with PEQ-team style vigilantism, and why banning should not be done by popular consent.

Exactly why i am refusing to ban him till i have proof its realy MNJ. Same IP block dose NOT = same person.

and along with this if people would read the forum rules they would see this

-If you have an issue with someones post or responce, do NOT tell them its against the rules or flame them back, PM me with a link to the thread and I will handle it. ---no more back seat moderation please

leaving this up as an example of what is not going to happen again. There will be no more public hangings on these forums its all handled behind the sceens.

Dave987
12-16-2004, 09:08 AM
To answer the question, No, you don't need the latest expansion to use EQEmu. You obviously won't be able to go in the zones for the later expansions without the expansion.

A benefit is that all the expansions are available for download on the EQ Patcher - the one run when Everquest.exe is run, so you can get those anywho, and of course, with Emu, no need to register them. That saves you $30per expansion.

Lastly, I see your post was on the 13th. The patch on the 15th of December breaks EQEmu, so unless you were up to live pre-15th, then you're screwed until Emu is fixed - which can range from days to months. :(

Good luck!

MrJag
12-17-2004, 10:48 AM
Last edited by Dave987 on a random date at a random time; edited 4,936,581 times in total

LOL