PDA

View Full Version : INFORMATION :: The Quest Archive.

Cisyouc
12-15-2004, 01:28 PM
Starting a minilogin? Starting a server? The Quest Archive here is a forum of completed quests submitted by other players for use on your server. Before a quest can be sent here, it must be a useful, or creative quest, must contain all essential data (NPCs, Items, Factions, etc.) and must be fairly easy to set up. To begin, use the http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/templates/subSilver/images/icon_mini_search.gif Search (http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/search.php) feature and enter keywords related to the quests you would like. Then, narrow your search to this forum, Quests::Completed. Then click on the results and see if you find one you like!

Muuss
12-15-2004, 08:53 PM
What database quests should be based on ? PEQ ?

mattmeck
12-15-2004, 09:00 PM
were looking for the following

Completed quests, all perl written, all text written, just need to add NPCID's and item numbers.

Basic quests, Perl all written, text not done, people will customize it by adding the text they want, item id's and NPC Information.

I dont think they should be based on any DB, its just as easy for someone to copy from here, past in notepad, edit the needed ID's and save with the correct NPCID. Of corse there will be tutorials written for a detailed explination on how to do this. 8)

Cisyouc
12-16-2004, 12:47 AM
No no no mattmeck, we need item info and npc info, not all npc_type and item tables are the same. So we need more than just the ID.

mattmeck
12-16-2004, 12:49 AM
for the generic quests? what if i just want to use a multiple turn in for a LV 1 quest but there listing it for LV 55 and i spam the boards asking for the same quest for a LV 1 :shock:

Cisyouc
12-16-2004, 08:22 AM
generic questsThere is no 'generic database' though. True, you could submit the same quest twice with 1 or 2 changes, but will it get accepted? Probably not.

mattmeck
12-16-2004, 10:10 AM
Your in charge ill stop playing devils advocate and STFU now :D

Scorpx725
12-16-2004, 02:49 PM
Call me a retard, but what the hell does Devils Advocate mean.. I see it used alot and Im clueless.

mattmeck
12-16-2004, 03:39 PM
Call me a retard, but what the hell does Devils Advocate mean.. I see it used alot and Im clueless.

devil's advocate
n : someone who takes the worse side just for the sake of
argument

google pwns.

Scorpx725
12-16-2004, 04:14 PM
I do that alot...

Or am I argumenative.. how do you spell that.. Im lazy and dont look stuff up.

fathernitwit
12-16-2004, 04:32 PM
on the ID note:

- All item ids should be the same everywhere when they are legit items, since they are collected from live...

- Emu has defaulted with named quest support for a while now... no reason to use the ID specific method unless you really mean it.

most quests should be working out of the box for anybody if they are named.

faction ids are possibly still in the air... not sure if theres a good solution other than to assume that even if they arnt using PEQ, they are prolly using govt's faction stuff.

Rodnoldo
04-08-2005, 07:06 AM
Hello,

I've created a number of custom quests. I have posted some little information on them elsewhere.

The quests for submission to this archive...

Must they be based on (replicated from) LIVE?
Or can they be custom and theme based?

Thanks.

Rodnoldo

Cisyouc
04-08-2005, 07:10 AM
Hello,

I've created a number of custom quests. I have posted some little information on them elsewhere.

The quests for submission to this archive...

Must they be based on (replicated from) LIVE?
Or can they be custom and theme based?

Thanks.

RodnoldoAnything at all. Just make sure that, for instance, if you say item 1004, you need to tell us what that item is.