PDA

View Full Version : Cannot get it to work

QamilTrueheart
12-16-2004, 10:26 PM
MAIN STEP THREE - MYSQL

3a) Go to C:\mysql\bin and run WinMySQLAdmin.exe

A window should pop up asking you for a username and a password. Pick both and write them down, you will need them later.

You can now close this.
When I get to this step I do not have a WinMySQLAdmin.exe i have a mysqladmin.exe but when i go to run it the command screen pops up and then goes right off and does not ask to enter a username nor a password. Can I get some help?

Muuss
12-16-2004, 10:36 PM
What version of mysql did you installed, where did you got it ?

ps : Were you playing on Morell Thule, Qamil ?

Spike
12-17-2004, 12:23 AM
does not ask to enter a username nor a password.

You probobly already set one in a previous install... did you? If so just open your mysqladmin and it should tell you your admin username and pass somewhere. Just click the tabs on the program and look around. It should shrink the program down to a little stop/go light in the lower right corner of your toolbar.

QamilTrueheart
12-17-2004, 11:59 AM
I got it to work. I installed mysql 4.1 by mistake but thanks for the help I got my server runnin somewhat but now I just cannot log into eqemu. :(

p.s. no I did not play on that server I play on Vallon Zek.

Tree
12-17-2004, 04:19 PM
i have the same problem as him, i installed 4.0.22 becuase 4.0.18 wasnt listed , also all links to it seem to be dead. I did previously have set a pass and admin name,(reintsalled it all to try sumtin new) but now when i execute mysql.exe or use the mysql.exe -u root command i just get a beep saying cannot connect to local server.
Also the stop sign in the tray is red where i believe it was previously green, any solutions?

FiCtIoN
12-17-2004, 04:24 PM
right click on the stop light in next to the clock and goto Win NT then start service

Tree
12-18-2004, 11:46 AM
deleting the my.ini in the c:\windows directory made it prompt for a password and name, this solved my problem